trente-deux

Weeks have passed.
I was with Soonyoung, Chan and Mingyu the whole time. All of us were waiting. For nothing. But also for everything.
It was weird seeing Mingyu being so quiet and he was barely smiling.
He was really missing Wonwoo and he didn't know that he was awake and resting. And fine.
I promised Jisoo not to tell anybody, because he'll get in trouble otherwise.
Lunchtime was over and only Mingyu, me and two girls were still waiting to go.

"Do you know anything about Junhui? I know that you beat him up, but it wasn't that bad, was it?"

I only shook my head to answer both questions. I thought Junhui would be back soon, but I didn't see him after the last time.

"Do you miss him?", Mingyu asked me, making my body shiver.

"I don't know. But I think I do", I confessed and Mingyu just gave me a nod.

"I don't know about Wonwoo, but I would give Junhui a second chance. He did change in a very good way and he is regretting his mistakes. And you beat him up pretty well in the name of all of us", he said, making me chuckle.

"That's true"

I was walking towards the practice room and spotted Jihoon for my surprise. He was lying on the floor, his eyes were closed and he was singing. He didn't notice me, so I slowly went to a corner and sat down after closing the door behind me.

His voice was strong, but had a soft tone to it. I really enjoyed it.

He opened his eyes and sat up, our eyes met in the mirror.

"How did you get here?", he asked me and seemed embarrassed.

"I am sorry, but I really like your voice and wanted to listen to it", I told him, making him blush.

"If I wouldn't be here, I would've been an idol already", he stood up and sighed.

"That was your dream?", I was surprised. Jihoon didn't seem like the people I saw on TV. He wasn't a person that would perform for weeks and train for hours.

"It still i my dream. I was even a trainee. But they kicked me out, when I was losing my mind and started to beat up one of the staffs", he said and plumped down on the floor again.

"Oh. I am sorry"

"Don't. I still don't regret doing this. He was sexually abusing the female trainees. I just wanted to help them", he told me.

"Can you even dance?", I changed the subject, after seeing that Jihoon was uncomfortable with the conversation we were having.

"Soonyoung said it was a little bit wobbly two months ago, but I practiced a lot. Wanna see it?", he asked me and I nodded.

With a smile, Jihoon turned the music on and placed himself infront of the mirror. An unfamiliar song started playing and Jihoon started to move his body. He wasn't the best dancer, I've ever seen, but he did really seem like somebody that practiced a lot.

I was feeling proud for no reason, especially when I suddenly heard his voice in the song. He produced it himself. I was amazed.
The song stopped and Jihoon was panting, while being on his knees.

"Wow", a voice suddenly shouted.

Jihoon and I turned around and spotted Soonyoung standing at the door. His smile was bright and he also seemed proud.

"You did really well. Good job, Jihoon", Soonyoung patted his shoulder, making Jihoon slightly blush again.

"Stop. You know I hate compliments", he muttered, making us laugh.

"But I need to say it. Two months ago, you looked like a dying bird. And now, you are slowly becoming a dancer", Soonyoung said and got a punch in the shoulder from Jihoon for that.

"Do you want to be a part of Seventeen?", I asked him and Jihoon's eyes started to sparkle.

"Really? Oh god, thank you so much. I mean, yes I do want to be a part of your team", he said and grinned.

"It's not really something spe-", Soonyoung was cut off by Jihoon.

"I even produced a song, that we can sing. It's called 'thanks'. You will enjoy it. You just need to record it", he said and his excitement was visible.

"Jihoon, we are not singers", Soonyoung said and Jihoon shook his head.

"I wasn't a dancer, but with practice I got better. It's the same with singing. And Soonyoung, we all know how great you are", he said.

"I didn't know that you cou-"

"Anyways. We still have to ask Chan and Junhui", Soonyoung cut me off.

"Is Junhui going to come back at all? I heard he was transferred to another hospital", Jihoon said, making my smile fade away.

"Who told you this?", I asked him.

"Two nurses where talking about it"

That cannot be true. Jisoo said that we will be having a group therapy. He has to come back. Or was this just a good bye from him?

"Minghao, calm down. It's just temporary. He will be back. He is just in China right now with his mum and brother. He didn't see them for three or four years, I think", Soonyoung put his arm onto my shoulder to calm me down.

I was relieved. I believed Soonyoung.

"What about Wonwoo?", Jihoon asked me again.

"I don't know"

"You do"

"Why are you so curious anyways?", I got angry.

"Wonwoo and Mingyu should also be a part of Seventeen", he said and Soonyoung even agreed.

"Are you kidding? You can't put Wonwoo and Junhui in one team. And do you even know if they can dance?", I was getting frustrated.

"No, but they are great rappers. Kpop groups need rappers", he said.

"Jihoon. We are not a kpop group. We are just a few boys who are sick in their heads and need a distraction from this daily life in this hospital. So we dance. How can we be a kpop group in your eyes. That's so stupid and impossible", I said and made Jihoon suddenly run out of the room.

Soonyoung pushed me against a wall.

"What the fuck was that, Minghao? Just let him have a dream. You just made him cry. You made Lee Jihoon fucking cry", Soonyoung left, while shaking his head.

I went too far. I remembered that Junhui used to act this way. I need to apologize.

Thanks might be my favourite title track. It was Adore U for years, but Thanks seems to be topping it. (also sorry for that boring ass chapter)