Chapter 42

kth POV

It's been several months.

We're back where Jeongguk and I live. Minho is in a coma. And my mom is really devastated about it. Which honestly breaks my heart, she really looks broken.

I think she's finally realized that she hadn't paid much attention to him. Maybe she's paying the price..

Its kind of been a sad time lately. The incident with Minho really affected us all. Minah, besides my mom is probably taking it the worst. We've been giving her a lot of space, we know she needs it.

Jeongguk and I have also been a bit distant with eachother, not for any particular reason though.

I decided that it's maybe a good idea to walk on the beach before the sun sets to get all this stuff out of my mind.

Too much has happened at the same time. So what's better than a walk by the ocean too cool my head off amright? Jeongguk was napping and Jian was out, along with Minah.

Jeongguk may end up wondering where I am but he'll probably figure it out.

I slipped my slides on and headed out. It was windy, but I liked it cause I felt weightless. My cardigan Was flowing back while I crossed my arms, just looking, slowly walking close to the water but not enough for it to touch my feet.

I stopped moving and turned my body to face the beautiful ocean view, the sun soon kissing it. I deeply sighed as I just stared.

I wonder if Minho will ever wake up. And if he will, then when?

How is Minah taking this? She seems absolutely dead when I talk with her, or even just look at her. She doesn't even bother to pretend to be happy. It hurts my that she's like this. Surely time will heals all wounds.

jjk POV

I woke up and didn't feel Taehyung next to me. I slowly got up from my bed and ran my hand through my hair as I went downstairs checking if anyone was home. I walked out into the balcony and looked to see if Taehyung was on the beach. And of course, he was.

Tae and I haven't been lovey dovey lately. It's been hard lately. And I understood that so I feel like we both agreed t give eachother space. But right now I really think he needs someone right now. I slipped my shoes on and headed outside. The wind bristled against my hair, pulling it back as I walk towards Taehyung.

Before holding him, I called for his name.

"Tae." I said as I was making my way from behind.

He turned around and smiled and I pulled him into a tight hug from the back, kissing his head.

"You ok?" I ask him as I continue to hold him.

"Yeah.. it's just, it's been hard lately." He sighed and leaned his head back.

"It will be ok Taehyung-"

"But what if it won't? What if Minho doesn't make it? What will happen to Mom? What will happen to Minah? What about-"

Taehyung has went off but I cut him off, knowing he needs to calm down a bit.

"Taehyung. Listen to me. It's going to be ok." I turned him around and held both his hands up to my lips, our foreheads against eachother.

"I will be here when you need a shoulder to cry on, to sleep on, to rest on. I'll always be here for you. And I'm telling you right now that it will be ok. Life will get hard, but it's not supposed to be easy, cause then what's the point? I... I love you Kim Taehyung. So you don't need to worry, I'm here...always." I kissed his hands.

I looked back at his eyes, they were watery and so close to tears falling down.

"I love you too.. but I'm also here for you. I'll always be here too, so don't try to pull the hero card and be the only one protecting me." He teased and playfully punched my chest.

I kissed his cheek and we turned to look at the ocean again. Except, now the clouds were shining with red orangy hues.

There it was..

The sun, kissing the sea...

Guess who's back y'all.... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and you probably noticed I changed the name of Jonghyun to Jian. Anyways, I won't be active a whole lot so updates will come in slower. I luh y'all!!!!
Annyeong ❤️❤️