Chapter 5 Nikko

"Stop!" Vic took my hand in his mouth. He was getting something. I ignored the looks the others gave me with my sudden outburst. Most likely startling them all since we have been back in the woods for over an hour in complete silence. Vic's gesture was the sign he was "hearing" something. And that something was from Hunter. In a matter of seconds I was naked and another half of minute I was in my wolf form.

Staring into my son's eyes he opened up for me and I did the same. "Hearing" what he was, what he already had. Yes, it was faint but it was her. Oh she was mad. Then confused and back to mad. The confusion won out. She was so confused. We couldn't get what she was mad or confused about. Only bits of her emotion was getting through. It was like she was surrounded by a thick fog. Then once again nothing.

Waiting a few more minutes but still nothing. The group was getting antsy. I had to turn back. As soon as I was back on two feet the questions were being fired off so fast I couldn't catch them. Vic was whining. Frustrated we couldn't get more. I knew how he felt.

Looking at Adam I relayed what had just happened. "Vic sensed her and so did I. She was very angry but more confused than anything. She was so faint but not like she was too far but under a fog we couldn't get through. I have never sensed that before. It's strange." I could see the mixed emotions in Adam. I was feeling the same. Yes, she was alright but why was she so confused. Why couldn't I get a better grip on her?

A couple minutes past in silence before my son, Jarek spoke. "Dad? What if she was drugged? Wouldn't that affect her thoughts? Maybe that is why you can't get a good read on her."

I stood there and stared at my son. Really looking at him for the first time in a long while. I seen a couple of things. First, the fear and pain he was in. He really did truly care about her. Possibly even in love with her. The second, he was an absolute genius! I didn't know why I hadn't thought of that right away. It didn't matter. A smile grew on my face. Showing him just how proud I was of him. "Yes, Son, I believe you may be right. We know she is awake so we just have to wait now." Turning back to Adam. "I know this is not what you want to hear but we need to wait to hear her again."

My vision faded, glowing around the edges. I was getting a vision. Ready for it I

concentrated. It was so fast and so brief I almost didn't catch any of it. I could be wrong but I didn't think I was. My vision cleared and I felt Jarek's hand on my arm, ready to hold me up if I needed it. Smiling my gratitude. I once again turned back to Adam. "It was fast and I just caught a glimpse. There was a lion that turned into a very pissed off wolf. There was a camp, I swear it was your camp. Then there was a huge white mansion. Also there were men I have never seen before fighting with us but also protecting the white lion. Besides the camp does any of this ring any bells?" I swear I saw someone that I did know but that was impossible. That part I kept to myself.

Adam stood there and thought about everything I just told him. He shook his head. "Not a damn thing. Did you say a lion that turned into a wolf?"

That part threw me off as well. It was impossible. "Remember my visions can be cryptic at best sometimes. Just keep it in mind but do not take that literally."