Chapter 15 Hunter

"What's going on?" I mumbled half a sleep. There was too many voices and a lot of noise inside and outside of my cabin.

A hand brushed my hair out of my face and lingered on my forehead. "You feeling better? Your temperature is close to normal," Gavin said with a tired smile on his face.

I did an inventory starting with my toes. Slowly stretching every inch of my body. There were some aches but nothing too bad. My stomach felt hollow. I wasn't sure if I was hungry or not. "Yes, I feel better. What's with all the noise?" The more awake I become the stronger the bad feeling grew in my gut.

Gavin sighed and helped me into a sitting position. "It looks like it is time to move."

"But...but where?" I stammered out. I didn't want to move again. I still wasn't sure who I believed and if I wanted to stay here.

"I honestly do not know, Hunter. I am...the hired help and that is all." It looked like he was going to say something else after that but James walked in and Gavin kept quiet.

"Hunter! I am so glad to see you up. Perfect timing as well. Are you ready to finally see your new home? You will love it. It is beautiful with acres of land to run with the pack." James was excited about it. I wasn't.

I don't think he really wanted answers because for one he didn't give me time to say anything and the second he took two big strides and was at the bedside helping me up out of bed. "Ok, I am sorry about this but you have less than 10 minutes to get ready. So move your butt." He guided me to the bathroom and shut the door. On the sink was a clean outfit and a fresh towel.

I had a feeling if I wasn't ready in 10 minutes they would drag me out of the bathroom so I quickly jumped in the shower and washed up. My legs were a bit weak but stayed steady. By the time I was done Gavin was waiting on my bed and James was pacing. They both looked annoyed but with each other and not at me.

"Ok, lets go. No, your stuff is already packed. Come on Hunter we have to move. Now." This James was not the fun loving guy I knew. He was being impatient and aggressive. I didn't like it and it made my stomach knot.

"You are riding with me," Galvin said, offering his hand. I gladly took it. I think, hoped he was an ally.

I had a death grip on Galvin's hand. If someone wanted me to let go they were going to need a crowbar. Galvin was the only person I felt somewhat comfortable around. This time when I walked through the camp I didn't look around. This camp held memories I wanted to forget now. Before I knew it we were on the path walking up towards the parking lot.

There was at least 20 cars and trucks there and men stood all around the perimeter staring out, watching while others stood by the cars. They each seemed ready to jump in and take off in a moments notice. Galvin lead us to a big white SUV where two men waited for us. The one guy opened the back door and rushed me inside with Galvin following right behind me. The guy who opened the door didn't like the fact that Galvin jumped in but didn't say anything. I was about to move over to the other side of the SUV but James jumped in so I was left sandwiched between Galvin and James.

The other men jumped in the front and took off, spinning tires behind two other trucks. Looking behind us the other vehicles followed. I don't know what the hurry was but we were flying down the rough dirt road. I felt like I was in a popcorn machine being bounced around so much. It was getting so bad that Galvin reached across me, grabbed my seat belt and put it on. I was pretty sure if we did not get off this road soon I was going to get sick.

Quicker then I thought possible we turned on the paved road and gunned it. The cars that followed us on the dirt road either turned the same way we did or turned the opposite way. I so badly wanted to ask questions but the tension in the car had me too scared to open my mouth. Galvin must of sensed it because he reached over and took my hand. His touch and concern helped settle my stomach but did not chase away the bad feeling that squeezed my stomach into a tighter knot.