Chapter 23 Sam

Lawrence and I wondered back to the campfire just under an hour after he did his caveman stunt and dragged me off into the woods. A well needed hour. I was more at ease and Lawrence seemed less tense even though he still wasn't happy with me shifting earlier. If Jonah was out here then he would know I was here now. Since we are both a Tlazolteotl Joseph was almost positive that his father, Jonah, could sense when I changed. I guess that was one of his many gifts he had.

As we broke the tree line we noticed that we were not the only ones who seemed a little more relaxed. It was a good sign. I knew this hour break was my fault but we wasted time and there was one thing I wanted to try before we all went to bed. It was too late to wander around the woods looking for my daughter, especially since no one had a clue where to start. Taking the offered hotdog that Jarek, the very attractive young born who was one of my daughters "guards", passed me as we walked up. I winked my thanks.

"Samantha he is too young and you are spoken for," Lawrence growled at me. I was about to say something but he cut me off. "Samantha," he growled with more force. He knew I was just playing around but a dominate mated wolf you should not play with but it was my weakness. I loved to rile him up plus when he growled like that it went through me like fire. Once he seen my smile and glint in my eye Lawrence shook his head and led me back to my seat.

"There is something we can try tonight," I told Adam once I finished my hotdog. "I am not saying it will work but it might. Plus what harm could it do?"

"What did you have in mind?" He asked with no suspicion in his voice. It was nice not to have everyone think the worst of my ideas.

"Lawrence?" I looked at my mate.

"As she said, it may not work but I think it will. If Sam is really Hunters biological mother than that connection will be strong. Add in what I can do and what Sam can do we may be able to contact Hunter but she may think it is just a dream. We will need something so she will know it is real." Lawrence explained.

"That may be difficult," Nikko said, "Hunter, like most borns, have their extra gifts. Hers is a gift of sight. Basically she can have dreams or flashes of the future and sometimes the past." Some look went through Adam and Nikko that I didn't like. "She can sometimes tell the differences between a vision and a dream. So that may hinder this exercise."

Looking at the men in my daughter's life, I seen hope and dread. I had to give them hope or something other than nothing. "Well gentlemen if we don't try we will never know. Now where are the delicious young men of my daughters?" Jarek was here but I couldn't see him now

"Samantha!" Lawrence growled.

"What? Did you see them? Seriously Lawrence they are going to be something else in a few years." I had to tease him a bit. To make it up to him I thought of what I wanted to do to him once we were alone. This mind to mind thing had its advantages.

"Samantha!" There was a choir of voices.

I looked around and I seen the humour in most of my men's eyes and the shock in the other packs. "What was that?" Nikko said as Adam looked at me speechless.

"Well it is what I want..." The look from Jack shut me up. "Sorry I accidently shared to you what was only attended for Lawrence's mind. Did you all see?" When the nods started I wasn't sure what to say or think. I was pretty sure my face took on a lovely shade of pink.

One of the borns came up. "Actually dad it makes so much sense. Hunter has the sight and Sam can talk from her mind to others," He looked at me and I must have given something away because his smile grew. "If I am right she is the reason why they can talk to each other mind to mind. Most of them anyways but all the ones here can. Dad she is just like Hunter."