Chapter 38 Sam

It was finally over, there were so many bodies but what had all my attention was the beautiful girl who now stood off to the side a bit talking to my Joseph. A lot of her pack stood around her and her guards were close but gave her a few minutes. I wasn't sure what they were talking about, her and Joseph, but I wanted to give them their privacy. Yes, she was my daughter but she didn't know that and I was not going to act like a crazy woman and demand her attention. No, she had been through enough and I will let the ones she trusts the most tell her first.

I could only see her profile when she moved to the left while Joseph stood in front of her. Whatever she just said had Joseph relax and added a small smile to his face. It was nice to see. I haven't seen much of that smile since we found out about Hunter. He was worried that it was his dad who was the mastermind behind this. I was having my doubts. If he was here I think I would have known by now but I could have been wrong. Plus Jonah had never hurt me or tried to take me. Not that I knew of anyways. I did know that Jonah killed the man that took me and helped me escape.

Standing 20 feet away I ignored everything around me accept the sight of my daughter. Even when I heard someone yell it took a second to register. I had a chance to move my eyes off Hunter to land on Joseph with that beautiful smile on his face when blood erupted from the middle of his forehead. Everything seemed to move extremely slow.

I saw a few drops of blood shoot straight out before being followed by thick bits of blood that exploded out of his forehead and spattering over Hunter. No one had a chance to move. That beautiful man, my wolf, didn't lose his smile. His eye went dime before his body shot forward and fell on Hunter. She caught him around the waist before they fell to the ground.

A few yards behind Joseph was a male laying on his stomach, a snarl on his face as his hand raised. A gun was in his hand and he was moving it down but still towards my daughter. Before I could think I exploded into my lion form. Roared and flew towards the man with the gun.

The shock in his eyes had his gun waver and slowly moved towards the new threat. Me. A loud shot sounded as I leaped in the air. My body felt a jolt before I landed on the man who had the gun. The pain in my chest was so great I didn't know how it did not knock me down to my knees. I was on this man's back shredding him to pieces as my strong jaws clamped on to his head.

I knew he was dead but there was no stopping. I had to destroy this man just as he destroyed my heart. People were screaming and I didn't care. I ignored them all. I continued to shred the meat that was under me. That was all that was left. Standing over my kill I let out a roar of grief. This was not a win. I just lost my Joseph. My wolf.

To my right I noticed a lot of movement. Movement around my wolf. Roaring again before lowering my head and stalking forward. Joseph was ours and no one was allowed to be near him. I vaguely noticed a few pack and lion members pull something away and slowly started to move back as I moved forward. My only goal was to get to my wolf.

The screaming had stopped but there was a constant annoying buzz sounding off in my head. Shaking my head I moved another step forward where my pack laid unmoving. Feeling a shiver run over my body I knew I was no longer my lion but my wolf. Standing over the body of my fallen I let out a grief struck howl. As the last notes left my throat I laid down beside my fallen and rested my head on his back. My pack brother was gone. The one I failed to protect. The one that helped me keep my calm. My sanity. The one I shared a special bond with. Joseph was dead and so was a part of my heart.