Chapter 30 Adam

We had been in the office for a couple hours. Everyone was talking among themselves about what we had planned so far. The problem was we knew the direction Hunter may be in but not the location she was being held. The argument was to either have everyone move and grid out till we found her or only send out a few smaller search parties. Less chance for being detected. Either way were we were wasting time just sitting here and not getting anywhere. I appreciated that Jack, Lawrence and their men stayed out of the main discussion. Sam was eager but also she kept quiet. They were guest and there to help and would only give their input if they had a solid plan. Sam may be Hunter's mother but she was still a stranger.

A few minutes ago Nikko's sons pulled him to the side and they were speaking in low tones. There were so many other voices around it was hard to pick up the softer conversations. Not that I was trying to eavesdrop but Sam had their attention. She was further from them then I was but all she did was watch everything they did. But the more I paid attention I would have sworn she could hear them. It was subtle things like a tilt of her head or a frown and now a smile. She tapped her mate on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear. He then looked at the borns and spoke to Jack.

After he was done they started to move towards where I stood. Nikko was beside me right before the others reached me. Nikko eyed Sam while she smiled at him. They stayed like that for a good couple of minutes.

Sam turned to one of the twins. "Vic, right?" Sam started, "I guess it is our turn to play."

Vic's smile grew. "It wouldn't hurt to try," he responded.

I was not the only one about ready to yell at someone to explain what the hell was going on. I knew Jack was curious as well as Lawrence. I think it had more to do with Sam being involved in whatever little plan they seem to have.

Nikko wasn't looking so thrilled either. "I don't think I like that you can do what you do with myself and my sons." The statement was directed at Sam.

Sam shrugged. "I am not overly happy with half the stuff I know or can do but it is what it is. If it helps I think it has to do with my connection to Joseph. Maybe you are right it could have to do with what Lawrence and I did last night. Does it really matter right now?"

Could Sam hear them like Nikko and Vic hear some of the others?

"We are going to try something and if it works we can find Hunter faster and get a plan in place," Vic was the one who started to explain things. "Sam is going to use what she did to talk to Hunter and I am going to use my gift and see if we can get them to work together."

Well that did not really explain much. I knew Vic could hear Hunter and that Sam was able to talk to her but I wasn't sure how the two connected. Before anyone could ask Sam took Vic's hand and went towards the door. By this time the over crowded cabin had fallen silent and waited to follow the rest of out.

It took a few minutes for everyone to get outside and settled. Lawrence did not looked thrilled about the idea but he did what Sam asked. They moved beside the cabin where there was a decent size patch of grass and sat in front of each other like they did early this morning. The only difference was that Vic was now beside them.

Sam took Lawrence's hands immediately and they closed their eyes. We all stayed quiet and the tension grew over the next few minutes. I was getting worried she couldn't find the link to Hunter but then she smiled. That was all Vic needed and he placed a hand under her hair and rested it on the back of Sam's neck.

"This is so cool!" The awe and excitement was clear in Vic's voice. Whatever they were doing it must have been working in someway. "Dad? You should see this."

Lawrence kept his eyes closed but growled. That I understood. He didn't want anyone touching Sam. "Lawrence it is ok, I will make it up to you I promise," Sam said with a bigger smile with her eyes still closed.

Vic chuckled. "Oops sorry Vic," Sam said as her face turned a pretty shade of pink which had Lawrence growl again. "Stop that! Nikko if you want to see you need to do it now," Sam said back to her serious side.

Nikko only hesitated for a second before he sat down on the other side of Sam and placed his hand on the side of her next. "Oh. I see," was all he said sounding a little breathless.

"Ok boys hold on and let's see if we can find our girl," Sam said.

I didn't like how she called Hunter our girl. I knew she was Sam's daughter but she was and will always be mine.