Chapter 48 Adam

I knew Hunter was physically ok and just to double check I had one of the packs doctors check her out. I rather would have had Amanda do it but she was taking care of her recently found mate. After all these years I was more than a little surprised to watch that unfold before my eyes. I was happy for her but at the same time a bit lost. She has been by my side for years and now all that was changing. So much had changed in such a short time already.

It was early and my usual quiet time was now filled with soft voices inside the office as well as just outside the door. I was not the only one that couldn't sleep. I wanted to go see Hunter and finally find out what had happened while she was under the care of those...I had to stop thinking about them and those traitors. Even though we had Hunter back safe my temper was still extremely short. Hunter had been through too much already and that was why we all decided to give her the night before we bombarded her with questions. Now I just had to wait a little longer for her come to the office.

It was an hour later and Hunter just gave us an extremely short version on what had happened while she was gone. All I could do was sit there and stare at her. Did she really think such an answer was suffice? Being brought back to camp, getting sick because of what they gave her to drink, the trip to the dinner on the way to the mansion than she went on and on about a pink room. Really, we got more information about the damn pink room!

"Where is my...where is Sam?" Hunter asked when I opened my mouth to ask more in depth questions.

It was Nikko who responded first. "She is saying her goodbyes to Joseph."

"Oh." Hunter said while studying her hands on her lap. It was then I realized just how quite Grayson and Jarek had been. It was also than that I noticed she has not brought up C.J. of James.

The door flying open had all of us jump up and in defensive stance only to be greeted by a very exhausted and frazzled Sam. "Sorry, sorry I, we are late!" Sam rushed in before halting to a dead stop to analyze the room.

Lawrence and Jack were right behind her giving a nod towards myself and Nikko and a small smile towards Hunter. Hunter seemed to relax as soon as she seen Sam and refused to take her eyes off her. I couldn't imagine what was going through her mind right now when it came to Sam. Thinking her parents were dead and only to find out that the woman she thought was her mother was not and that her real mom was alive and well.

Sam took her eyes of Hunter for a minute and looked at Nikko. I could tell by the brief vacant look in her eyes that they were speaking through their minds. I knew he was giving her a run down on what Hunter has just shared. What little she just shared.

"Ok!" Sam clapped her hands and put all her attention back on Hunter. I could feel her sorrow and exhaustion and even though she plastered a smile on her face it never reached her eyes. "First let's see who actually needs to be in here. This is your show kiddo so you decide who stays." With this Hunter tensed up. I knew she never liked the attention on her and she also hated to point people out.

"I think us Alpha's, and of course the Pride leader will be enough," I spoke up to help Hunter not having to make these choices out loud.

"Sam, Jarek, Grayson, Sam, Vic and Uncle John can stay if they want." Hunter's voice was soft but we all heard. Once everyone was out Samantha took a chair and placed it in front of Hunter. She took her hand and squeezed it once before pulling away. Hunter grabbed at her hand and kept it on her lap. She stared right at her mother and ignored us all.

With a reassuring smile Sam spoke. "I know this is extremely heard, trust me on this one, but the sooner you can tell us what had happened from the beginning to end the sooner you can move forward and the people who love you stop thinking the worst." I had spoke to Jack and unfortunately Sam really did know what she was talking about. I was only told the very basics on what Sam has gone through the past year and it was horrific.