Chapter 24 Hunter

The dinner was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I was disappointed that Galvin was not there. He was still the only person I thought could help me. Everyone else kept their physical distance including C.J. and James. Jonah stayed pretty close but he still waited for me to start up any conversation first besides asking me if I would like something more to eat. When dinner was winding down I asked to be excused. Jonah said his good nights and let me find my way back up to my room alone. I appreciated that.

I was exhausted so I changed as soon as I got upstairs and crawled into the queen size pink canopy bed. The bed was amazing. The sheets were soft and the bed was the perfect firmness between too soft and firm. I thought it would have taken me forever to fall asleep but it didn't.

I was sitting on the boulders at camp by the lake. The water was still and the sun warmed my skin. It was peaceful and felt like home. It would have been perfect if I wasn't alone.

"Hunter? Can you hear me?" A woman's voice broke the silence. I sat up straight and looked around, I couldn't see anyone at first. I thought I was just hearing things. "I think you can hear me but can you see me?" That strange female voice spoke again.

Looking around again I didn't see anyone on the beach or in the water. Looking behind me a saw something move in the woods coming my way. I stared at the moving object but I wasn't able to make it out clearly.

"Hey kid. I am pretty sure you can see something since you are staring right at me now. Please do not be scared I am not going to hurt you," the woman said. I concentrated on what was moving my way and things started to become clear. What was once a blurry form was now turning into a shape that I was pretty sure was walking on 4 feet and white. It wasn't a wolf.

The weird thing was that I wasn't afraid at all. "You're a lion!" I gasped.

The lion stopped at the bottom of the boulders and sat down. "Umm yeah a part of me is. If this makes you uncomfortable I can change. Well try to, I have never done this before." She said looking nervous.

"Change into what?" This was a completely different dream than what I was used to.

"I can try for my human self or my wolf." The woman said.

I thought about it but she was beautiful and I wasn't scared so this form was ok with me. "No its fine. Who are you? Do I know you? What do you want?"

The lion seemed to relax. "Short version since I don't know how long I can do this for. Yes you kinda know me but that is a long fucked up story. I am here to help you. Your uncles are worried about you and are doing everything we can to find you. Do you know where you are?" She asked.

Now I was a bit nervous. I still wasn't sure who was my family and who wasn't. I didn't know who I could trust or where I wanted to be. And why should I tell this woman, lion where I was? This could all be just another trick. I sat there and stared at her in silence.

"I can't say I know what is going on or what is going on in that head of yours but what I do know is that your uncles are worried sick. Nikko is doing his best to help. Jarek and Grayson are ready to lose their minds if they don't find you soon. Oh and good catch by the way. Your "guards" as they call themselves are amazing young men who care deeply for you." The lion was starting to pace and looked behind into the woods. "Hunter I am sorry to push you but I really need to know where you are. I am running out of time." She sounded worried or scared.

"How do you know about Grayson and Jarek?" I was not giving this woman any information till I knew more. She started to fade and I was worried she was going to disappear without me finding out any answers.

"Hunter please," she begged. Just then a male lion came into view at the edge of the woods. "I have to go, that is my mate. He can only keep this connection open for so long. Oh I was told to tell you to tell Luna to fight."

How would she know about Luna? My gut told me to trust this woman but I have been hurt so many times that I couldn't even trust that anymore. C.J. was the prime example for that. The big male lion started to walk back into the trees and the woman started to fade even more. I was starting to panic. "Wait! I am in the mountains at least an hour after the diner!" I screamed but she was gone. Dammit!

I bolted up wide awake. Was that a dream or a vision? It didn't seem like a dream or a vision. It felt completely different. Who was that lion? Lions? I looked at the bedside clock and it read 3:51 am. It was way too early to wake up but there was no way I was falling back to sleep.

Now if I could figure out what the hell that dream or what ever it was trying to tell me.