Chapter 7 Hunter

My body on the other hand reacted right away. My stomach cramped up and my eyes flew open. My lips did not react and my hands were too slow to react. This felt so wrong. He must have realized that I wasn't moving after a second. He pulled back slightly to stare down at me. I could feel my eyes were huge and my heart pounded but not in a good way. My body wanted to run but I couldn't move.

"Please, Hunter, don't fight it. You're home. You're with me. You're were always supposed to be with me. You're my best friend and I have wanted this...wanted us for years." His eyes were screaming for me to understand. For me to want the same thing. My brain did understand but my body wanted nothing to do with it. My body wanted to run and run fast

"There you two are." James' voice was a welcomed interruption. "Morning, Hunter. How are you feeling?" He seemed in good spirits but the tightness around his eyes said differently. James was not alone. On either side of him were men I did not know. Had never seen before that I remembered anyways. But the short, stocky one with the shaved head and big brown eyes smelt familiar. It was him that I struggled not to stare at. A losing battle at that.

"Um...yes I am," I scrambled to me feet. I didn't like C.J. hovering over me. His lips were still too close and I really didn't like being in a submissive position around the two new man. "Thanks for asking. Excuse me, do I know you?" I asked the familiar one. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. My stomach was still cramping from the kiss so I wasn't able to think right.

The short, stocky one looked at me which made my stomach cramp even more. I did not like this guy at all. "I only seen you once and you were still in diapers." He forced out a laugh then took a step forward with his hand out. "I am Marcel." He wanted to shake hands and the last thing I wanted to do is let him touch me.

I couldn't explain it but I had to get away from him. Touching him would be a huge mistake. I have never been so thankful for the pain that shot through my body than I was right then. I couldn't have faked it even if I tried. I was bent over gasping a split second before my knees gave out. I was still far enough from everyone that no one caught me. That too I was grateful for.

"Hunter! What happened? Hunter, talk to me." C.J. was at my side. His arm went around me and tried to get me to stand up. As his fingers brushed my arm I couldn't hold back the moan. It hurt so bad and just got worse with them so close and touching me. "Dad?" Was all C.J. got out before James started ordering people around.

"C.J. get her a drink. Steve go get Tim and hurry. Come on Lupa just breathe for me honey. That's right. Slow deep breaths." Steve took off running. Marcel had backed up a bit. C.J. was there but not touching me and James was close but not too close.

How did I go from feeling happy and peaceful to scared, confused and in pain? Curled up in a ball with my forehead touching the ground I saw more than I comprehended. Feet in my vision told me there were others around us now. The sounds of panic whispers made it partially through the fog of pain. It wasn't till I felt a cool, rough, large hand resting on the middle of my back that I was finally able to take a deep breath without pain. The murmurs became louder but I ignored them to concentrate on that touch, the one that chased the pain away.

"How are you feeling now?" A strange deep but soft voice asked. The hand on my back was now moving up and down my spine.

"Better, please don't stop" I whispered. Afraid if I spoke any louder would break the trance.

"Good. Ok, Hunter, I am going to pick you up now." The stranger warned me but I stiffened. "Shh...it's ok. I promise the pain won't come back when I do. By the way my name is Galen."

I was too scared to move so all I did was nod ever so slightly. Strong but gentle unfamiliar arms went around my back and under my legs. Eyes closed tight, hoping the on slaughter of pain didn't hit again. I was in the arms of the owner of the strange deep voice, I believe it was Galen. He kept whispering reassurances as he walked us towards the cabin. I also had to admit that I didn't want to see the man that was carrying me. I was afraid it would trigger the pain again.

Back in my cabin Galen laid me in bed. I automatically curled up on my side giving the rest of them my back. I wanted to be left alone. I believe it was still Galen who sat beside me keeping a gentle hand on my arm. I was wondering what was going to happen when he moved it since it was his touch that chased away the pain. I knew by the scents and the smell of each emotion that James and C.J. where here and worried, Marcel was also here and he was more surprised than anything, and there was one other person who smelled familiar but I couldn't recognize and he seemed irritated. It was then I realised that Galen was different from the rest. That realisation had me sitting up in bed staring at him opened mouthed. It wasn't his looks that surprised me but his scent. His looks didn't even register at first. He was a born. A very powerful born. A very familiar looking born. If it wasn't for those horrible red scars on the left side of his

face I would have sworn he could have been Nikko's twin or at least brother. His bright sky blue eyes held such intensity and knowledge and something else. I wasn't sure what it was but it had me hold my tongue. He must have known because as soon as I shut my mouth with an audible pop he gave me a small smile and the slightest nod that I wasn't sure if he even did it. Even with all that it couldn't keep my, so intelligent, mouth shut. "But...but...you're a born..."

As soon as I started to speak I thought I seen Galen stiffen but once I was done he was now trying not to laugh at me. "Yes, Hunter, I am. Nice to meet you," he said in his most amazing dreamy voice every. I thought Jarek was a girls dream and his dad was a serious looker but Galen screamed a walking, talking sex god. His scar barely registered at all. This man in front of me could have any woman and young girl eating out of his hand. I was having problems remember my name for a minute. It was a quick sharp pain that quickly snapped me out of my stupor. Oh his hold on me was still there but I could see more clearly. Less in a dream.

"Hey, you ok?" Galen's hand was on my arm. There was not mistaken the pain that shot through me but it was only a quick pain and was gone before it could shot through my body like before.

"Ah...yeah. It's gone now."

A phone rang and James answered it while walking outside. A minute later he was back. "Sorry Hunter but we have a couple things to do. Are you going to be ok for a bit?" James asked me while taking his son's arm and guided him to the door.

Somehow between when we first got there and my attention not completely on Galen I didn't notice when the familiar scent of one of the guys and Marcel had left. "Um yeah, I will be ok." Taking my attention off Galen was a chore but I did it.

"Good. You too Galen. We will be back soon." With that James and C.J. was out the door.

Galen waited a second before rising. As he rose he leaned in close. "I promise you on mine and my family's life you will be safe. Listen to Lupa. She knows." I barely heard what he said so I knew no one else did.

Before I could say anything he was out the door. What the hell was going on? Lupa?

Where is she? When was the last time I had heard her?