Chapter 47 Hunter

I wish I could have said being back with my packs gave me this huge sense of security and I slept like a baby but that would have been a huge lie. I was back in my old cabin and I had bunkmates, again. It was actually the first time I didn't mind having the extra warm bodies in the same room with me. Last night falling a sleep was not a problem. The issue was staying a sleep. I seemed to wake up every couple hours when my dreams moved back to the sights I seen the day before. The bodies, the blood, the death. The utter heartbreak and confusion. 

It was pretty earlier when I finally gave up on trying fall back a sleep. This time when I woke I was reliving Joseph falling towards me as the bullet sliced through his brain covering me with blood, bone, and...well lets not go there again. The sun had just started to make its appearance and I could feel a few pack members moving around outside. Grayson and Jarek, my bunkmates, were still dead to the world. Poor choice of words! They were sleeping. I knew they were exhausted because every time I woke so did they or at least one of them was awake. They both looked so peaceful and I hated to wake them up this early but I knew as soon as I started to move around they would bolt up. Nature was calling and I was in desperate need of a shower. Plus I knew there was a lot of questions that they all had so I might as well get it done and over with. That way I could concentrate on the next decision. Who did I trust and where would I live?

I ended up making into the bathroom and into the shower without waking either one of the boys. That was when I realized just how exhausted they must have been. I couldn't imagine what they have gone through since that day C.J. took me. Sure I was taken against my will and was a prisoner but I wasn't harmed physically. I was pretty sure they knew that. It was the mental part I was struggling with but it wasn't to the point that I would be damaged for life. Not while I was in their custody anyways. The aftermath was a completely different story.

It was all those thoughts that continued to slam into my brain that kept me unaware of my surroundings. I could feel Lupa becoming stronger and stronger since we were found in the woods yesterday and I think it was that knowledge that let me drift off into my own little shell. It was that thought that didn't have me panic once I realized someone had entered the bathroom and left me clean clothes and a towel. She knew someone had come in but she also knew that they were no threat so instead of giving me a mental smack to snap me out of my own personal inner chaos she let it go.

Lupa and I spoke a lot last night when I was awake. She understood my confusion and concerns. She even suggested I should talk to both Grayson and Jarek. She even surprised me and kept her thoughts to herself about what she wanted us to do. Ok I knew what she was thinking but she didn't voice it. She also agreed that we needed to spend a little more time with Sam, my mom. So I ended up making a to-do list in my head: first was to get all the questions my uncle and Nikko would have out of the way then talk to Jarek and Grayson then my mom. Hopefully after all that I would have some answers of my own.

Spending more time in the bathroom than I intended too I could feel the restlessness of the guys in the other room. Taking a deep breath in and out than another I faced the closed door and was ready to get the day started. Well as ready as I was going to be.