Chapter 46 Hunter

I didn't know why but that is actually what I did. I shifted for my third time ever. For some unknown reason I trusted Sam. I could feel that Lupa also trusted her even though she has been quiet but I knew she was taking in everything. Now the only downfall was that we were in our animal forms in a small closed in room. Lupa was getting a little antsy. I was surprised she was not concerned with Sam's lion form. Last time this happened we were with Uncle John in his wolf form and even though I trusted him we were still uneasy. I have seen her in both and I wondered why she choice the lion over the wolf.

"For two reasons," Sam's voice bounced around in my head. I had to admit both Lupa and I jumped before our head swung around to Sam's direction. "First, my mate is a lion and when he is tense about things I take this form. It helps him relax a bit. Second, is that your pack gets a little distracted when they see my lion and that will help us get out of here faster. Now daughter of mine stay close so we can get out of here with as little uproar as possible."

Just as she finished explaining things through my mind the door opened before I could ask how she was able to talk to me that way. I swear Nikko said that only borns were able to do this. I think it was Lawrence who opened the door. He stared down at Sam and only an idiot couldn't make out the love he had for her. Shaking his head he looked over at me before crossing his arms over his wide chest and stared back at Sam. "So this is how it is going to be? You know that neither of you are going to be out of our sights right?" He asked Sam.

Sam nodded her head once then walked over to grab my discarded clothes and shoes to drop in front of Lawrence's feet then repeated the process with her own. His eye brow shot up then a smile spread across his face. The man was gorgeous! That man I seen earlier that looked like he was about to kill everyone in his sight was completely gone. How could someone change that drastically?

"Ok, I will take them to the lake and have the guys bring you two some food." Lawrence said. How did he know what we were doing? When we spoke of this our voices were to soft for them to hear. I was almost positive of that. Lawrence had bent down to retrieve our clothes then added, "Sam behave and please do not corrupt your...Hunter with your foul language." He chuckled as he turned to walk away. Sam gave a low growl before swatting Lawrence on the butt with her paw.

Looking back at me I swore she was smiling. I moved up and she lead the way down the hall. She was right, her lion form did leave my packs a little speechless. Lawrence was speaking to Nikko and Uncle Adam, explaining our plan but Sam ignored them and lead me to the main door where a man I had never seen before held it open while smiling down at Sam.

"Meet you ladies at the Lake!" The man with grey eyes said. Sam rubbed up against him in an affectionate way before a deep growl came from deeper in the room. I already knew that growl and it came from Lawrence.

"Run!" Sam shouted in my head as she started to laugh. It was her laugh that chased away the moment of fear that raked my body just from hearing that growl. Sam bolted out the door and I was right behind her. Our sudden burst had the others paralyzed for a moment before I heard the man with the grey eyes yell, "Dammit Sam!"

As soon as we hit the woods Sam's voice was in my head again. "Ok Kiddo, this is your land so you take lead. They will be on top of us soon enough." Sam laughed again. I think she may just be a little crazy but I liked it!

I did exactly what she said. I gave one big push with my back legs and was in front of her leading the way to the lake. It wouldn't take us long at all to get there at this speed but Lupa needed it. I could feel her glee of happiness as the wind brushed against our fur and our paws hitting the ground. I wasn't ready to stop yet. "Um Sam? Can you hear me?" I spoke in my mind thinking of Sam. I still wasn't sure how this worked.