Chapter 31 Sam

And once again I was stressing out my mate. I swear I did not do it on purpose and will attack any woman that came near him that thought she could make any advances toward him. So I really did understand. When it came down to it I trusted Lawrence with my life and heart and he felt the same. The problem was I had this weird connection the to born wolves that I could not hide. I really tried not to for the most part but it was there. Sure there was also a physical attraction and that bothered Lawrence even more. It bothered me as well. My lion and wolf accepted and wanted Lawrence as our mate but the wolf sometimes longed for her own kind. Usually the connection with Joseph and the bond that Mason and I had filled that small void but Nikko and his sons seemed to open that void a little further. I wasn't stupid enough to think I could spend a lot of time with them without causing havoc with my mate and my wolf but that was for another time to worry about. Now it was about getting my daughter back safe and sound. I really tried not to think what would happen once she was back and in front of me.

Having both Vic and Nikko physically touching me had my wolf stir and move up from behind a tree in the woods I visualized in my head. Lawrence's lion pushed a little then came my lion. Not to push my wolf back but to keep her from doing something stupid. Right now she was very intrigue by the born Alpha. Not that I blamed her, His human form was quite attractive, and just that thought alone had my wolf take another step.

Ok it was time to concentrate on Hunter. I knew Nikko and Vic could see all the bonds I could see. One by one I removed them just like I did a few hours ago when I first found Hunter. First it was Jack's wolves then Adam's, it was easier this time since I knew what to expect and could do it faster then just a few at a time. I started to let go of our lions but kept my bond with Lawrence firmly there. It was not like it ever went anywhere but I wanted, needed him to know he was there with me. That left Lawrence and the red tinted lights and the small golden one in the center of the red ones.

I could feel Nikko's and Vic's, they were more vibrant than before. All of the borns seemed to be as well. I didn't want to touch theirs in case it did something to disconnect the connection they had right now. Reaching in I gently took hold of Hunter's light. It was stronger than before. I couldn't see her but I could feel her. She was angry and scared. Nikko's growl came right after. That was when I knew he could feel what I felt.

"Vic?" I asked out loud making sure he could see, feel, or hear her like Nikko could.

"I got it, Sam. She is stronger than before which is good. Once we are close enough I will be able to find her. Dad, I will find her," Vic said with confidence.

"Good," Lawrence said right before he opened his eyes. He looked tired and stressed.

"We go in at dusk and take Hunter back," Nikko said with more confidence then I had seen since we arrived.

"You heard the man. Everyone be ready to move in 5 hours!" Adam shouted. There was a lot of Yes Sir, and hooting going on. "Eat! We all need our energy."

I was thrilled we had somewhere to start and I was just as confident that in a few hours I was finally going to met my daughter.