Chapter 17 Grayson

"I can't just sit around here and do nothing!" I ranted to no one in particular while I paced. Ok maybe not no one since Jarek was leaning against a tree not even ten feet away. "How can he think I will do nothing? That's it, I am going to look by myself!" I claimed while I still paced. I wanted to go off and still look for Hunter but Adam ordered me to stay on the camp. I was hoping if I just told myself I was going to go enough I could leave. I could break my Alpha's command. I was so wrong.

"You know as well as I do we are not going anywhere. I don't like it any better but they have a point. Look what all the aimless wandering has done so far. Nothing. That other pack will be here soon and I heard that this Samantha may have a way to help find Hunter." Jarek said as he pushed himself off the tree. "And to be honest, I really want to meet her. Aren't you curious about what she is like? If she is Hunter's real mom? I am. Did you hear her over the phone?" Jarek started to laugh and I joined in. She sure sounded interesting. I would be surprised if they were not related.

Jarek sighed, "Just because you have known Hunter all these years doesn't mean that I do not have feelings for her. I do and want her back just as bad as you do. Grayson, we will find her. I have no doubt about that."

The reassurance was great but not realistic. "When we do find her what will we find?" That he had no answer for and neither did I.

I looked out toward the boulders where I saw Hunter the first time after two years just a couple short weeks ago. She sat there with her knees curled up to her chest staring aimlessly at the still lake. When she knew it was me after I called out to her I could never forget the way she jumped into my arms. The way her body felt against mine. I knew at that moment I could never let her go.

"I hate this lake," Jarek said staring off to where we pulled Hunter's lifeless body. I almost agreed with him but the image of her smiling up at me that first day warmed the shiver that racked my body after thinking of the day she tried to commit suicide.

"It had its good moments."