Chapter 26 Nikko

The sun wasn't up yet and I think I may have slept two hours. I tried not to get my hopes up on finding Hunter today but I did. I wasn't sure if it was just hopes or something else. I was sure that we would find something today. I figured I was not the only one who could not sleep so I decided to get out of bed and jump in to have a quick shower before starting the day with my morning coffee.

The vision hit so hard and fast I couldn't prepare myself. In the shower I lost my balance and luckily I fell towards the wall instead of out the shower to land on the floor. Instead I hit the wall and slid down the wall and sat in the tub. I couldn't feel the hot water of the shower pound against my body as flash after flash flew through my mind. The images came so fast. I caught only a few: Sam in her lion form, a huge white house, a mountain, a battle, and the last was Hunter laying on the ground covered in blood. The last image lingered and terrified me.

This little girl I only met weeks ago had infused a spot in my heart almost as large as my sons. The sight of her covered in blood had my stomach turn and my body turn cold. It took me a few minutes to regain my strength to pull myself up and out of the shower. I knew I had to snap myself out of this state before I seen the others. I was glad now that I woke up early to give me time to do just that.

Taking longer than I hoped to regain myself I was finally dressed and out of the cabin. Walking outside the sun was just starting to make its appearance. Everything was still quiet but I knew many others were already up. Walking by our guests cabins I noticed there was at least a half a dozen lions and wolves in their animal forms surrounding one cabin. It wasn't till I heard a private moment till I realized it was the cabin that held Sam and Lawrence. I was actually surprised that they had so much security around Sam. Maybe it was something we would have to consider with Hunter.

"Have they even slept? Seriously they are worse than a couple teenagers." I heard one of our guest wolves say to another member. I had to chuckle. It was nice to see such a strongly mated pair.

"How do you think Lawrence wins half the arguments." Another said and then they both laughed.

"Gentlemen? Let's try not to talk about Lawrence's secret weapon shall we," Jack said as he chuckled. I couldn't hold my laughter back. It wasn't like I was eavesdropping I was just walking by. "Good morning Nikko," Jack acknowledge me.

"Good morning, Jack. I promise I will keep that little information to myself," I said with a smile on my face. It was nice to smile.

"Thank you. We all appreciate it," Jack chuckled. "When you and Adam are ready we will follow you to the diner," Jack said as he turned away.

"Jack? There will be a fight to get Hunter back and it is going to be bad," I had to tell him what he was possibly walking into.

When Jack spoke all humor was completely gone. "I know. We know. We are here to help and will not leave until you either ask us to leave or until we know Hunter is safely back to you. But I have to be honest with you, if you ask us to leave before you find Hunter I can not guarantee we will. Sam is determined and once her mind is set it is hard to change it." Looking back at the cabin where Sam and Lawrence were behind closed doors. "They are not being incentive it is how Sam deals with stress and how Lawrence keeps her from running off and doing something stupid before we are ready." He looked back at me and sighed. "If Hunter is half of what Sam is like you and your son are going to have your hands full." He looked amused and worried at the same time.

I had a feeling he was right. Not knowing what to say I nodded and headed to Adam's cabin.