Chapter 14 Nikko

My vision came on strong but I caught most of it. This was a first for me, getting a vision while I was in wolf form. What was even more remarkable was that my son, Vic, caught it as well. I think that had to do with us working together to find Hunter. Using each other like a satilight dish to gain further distance. Vic didn't say anything, he was just all of a sudden by my side letting me lean on him. Now I had to find the strength to shift back to tell the others.

I tried to shift and nothing happened. Vic whined beside me, he knew I was stuck. I think it was more out of exhaustion. I was going to need to eat before I could change back. It took me a few minutes before I trusted my legs but by that time Jarek had brought me a fresh kill, a rabbit. It wasn't much but it would do. I would have to eat before we went to go get Hunter.

Ten long minutes later I was finally able to shift. I was exhausted. There was no way I would be able to shift anytime soon, never mind fight. "Adam?" He was on his phone but this was too important to wait.

He must have known that because he ignored his phone and looked at me. "We need to get everyone back to camp now. Eat then head out back to camp or we eat on the way. Food is essential. They are at the camp and getting ready to leave or they just left. I am not sure which one." I explained while one of his pack gave me an energy bar.

He was on the phone without saying a word to the rest of us. We walked as quickly as we could. I wasn't the only one who has neglected our eating habits and it was hurting us as a whole. In this state without food none of us would be able to defend ourselves never mind fight to get Hunter back.

In my Humvee my son, Sam, drove. He had stayed on his 2 feet for awhile and wasn't as bad as the rest of us. He was the smart one.

"Those who are in camp or close to it are grabbing food there. The rest of us will pick up something on our way. Amanda is making calls at a couple places so the food will be ready. We will run in and grab it then eat on the way." Jack informed us all.

"I honestly do not know if they are going to be there, They were running around and getting ready to leave. I know they are drugging Hunter to the point that it is making her sick. Someone is taking care of her." I was pretty sure I knew who that someone was and I wasn't sure if I was mad or relieved. If it was who I thought and if he was still the same man I used to know he would protect Hunter. He may also be in trouble himself. Dammit this may be a rescue mission for not only Hunter but also my idiot brother.

"When does your Sam get here?" Not that it matter right that second but I wanted to get my mind off what my brother got himself into now.

"Not in time to help us now." Adam answered. "They should arrival late tonight or early tomorrow."

"We will be there less than an hour. Two other groups will probably beat us by 15 minutes at the most. They know to touch base with us when they are 5 minutes away," Sam said as soon as he got off the phone.

I already knew we were going to be to late. Even if we didn't stop for food we were going to miss them. It had nothing to do with doubt it had to do with my gut and my vision. It was the hope I held that had me pushing us this far to begin with.