Chapter 22 Hunter

I was showered and dressed but sat out on the balcony. I did not want to go down stairs and face anyone especially C.J.. In my own little world not thinking about anything in general the soft knock had me listen twice. Nothing happened immediately so I marked it up to my imagination. Looking back out in the sky the knock came again but a little louder this time. I sighed and headed back into the bedroom and to the door.

Before I reached it the door started to open and stopped where I stood and waited. I seen a large hand wrap around the edge of the door before the deep but soft voice spoke. "Hunter? May I come in?"

I was pretty sure I never heard that voice before and it took me a moment to respond. "Umm, sure," I said in a shy voice. I appreciated that the mysterious man did not enter any further until I spoke up.

There, walking in the room was a tall, well built man with a bald head and dark eyes. I wasn't sure if they were dark blue or almost black. The colour was cold but his face was warm and friendly. He was attractive for a man in his late 30's to early 40's. Not as attractive as my Uncle John and not even close to Nikko or Galvin but still someone you would notice. That also may have also been due to his height. He was way over 6 feet tall.

We stood there and stared at each other: I stared at him because of his size and he stared at me like I was a wonder he had never seen before. I guess that was true. We never have met before and I was a rare female born.

"I wanted to come and see how you were doing. I know there has been a lot of changes for you and alot for you to digest," he said while I stood there not saying a word. He stepped in closer than out stretched his hand. "My name is Jonah. It is an honour to meet you."

I hesitated for a moment but I couldn't let myself be rude and dismiss his waiting hand. He has not done anything wrong, yet. Taking his hand I shook it. "Hello."

"How do you like your room?" He asked me after I let go of his hand and he looked around. Something must have shown on my face because he chuckled before adding, "It is...very pink."

The look of amusement and borderline disgust of the room had me giggle. See I wasn't the only one who thought the room was a little over the top. "Yes it is. The view is amazing though," I told him while looking out towards the balcony.

"May I?" He asked, looking out towards the balcony. When I nodded he walked over to the door and stepped outside. "Oh my, you are right. It is beautiful out here. Very quiet and serene. Do you mind if I stay out here with you for awhile?" He asked me looking back to see if I followed him. I did since this was where I only wanted to be and not downstairs. "I don't know about you but there are too many people for me downstairs right now."

"Sure," I said. Jonah seemed nice enough and my gut wasn't telling me anything different. I was pretty sure he was a wolf but I could barely smell it on him. At first I thought he was just human but once he walked by me there was an underlying scent of wolf. There was also something different about him but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Jonah and I sat there in silence for at least 30 minutes. I liked that he didn't push me to talk. I was almost getting comfortable in his presence. Cautious but almost comfortable. I knew that it wouldn't stay that way for too much longer and to prove my theory right there was a loud knock on the door right before someone walked in. I guess not everyone was going to honour my privacy.

"Hunter?" Of course it was C.J. I think I actually moaned out loud because Jonah chuckled. "There you are. We have been waiting for you. Dinner is all ready and you should come down and eat something," he said as he walked towards where Jonah and I sat outside. Walking out the door he stopped cold when he my companion. "Oh. I...I...didn't know you had company. I am sorry Sir." C.J. looked a little shell shocked.

Jonah sighed. "Well I guess are peaceful escape from reality must come to an end," Jonah stood up and offered me his arm. "Would you do me the honour allowing me to escort you to dinner?" He asked me.

Not that I had much of a chose I figured. I stood up and took Jonah's arm. "I would be delighted." If I had to do this I was going to do it on my terms till I figured what to do next.