Chapter 21 Hunter

The place was huge. It was big, square and white. It wasn't home, no matter what they said it would never be home. It was cold and not inviting at all. That was just the outside of the house. James was happy to be here. The two men that sat in the front looked like they didn't care either way and Galvin did not look impressed either.

We pulled up to the front door and James jumped out. I waited for Galvin to get out and slid out his side of the door. I still felt more comfortable with him more than anyone else here. Looking up at the house I noticed it was void in colour. The double doors were painted a light grey and that went throughout all the trim. Sure there was the greenery from the trees which surround the house, well more like mansion but that was it. I really hoped the inside was better.

"Hunter!" C.J.'s excited voice came from the side of the house and possibly the garage. Is it horrible to say I kinda forgot about him? I wasn't even sure when the last time I saw him. I knew he was in my cabin when I wasn't feeling well but I wasn't sure how long ago that was.

He came running up and hugged me and swung me around. "I am so glad you are finally here!" I could tell he was excited. I, on the other hand could not wait to be out of his arms. He didn't even notice I did not hug him back. "Come in, come in and see your new home. I know you will love it!" C.J. didn't know me at all. How could he not know me? We talked about everything and this was the opposite of what I ever wanted. Well besides having a home that is. Maybe that is what he thought when he said I would love it.

He took my hand and dragged me up the stairs. I looked back for Galvin but as soon as he took a step forward he was stopped and escorted towards the garage. I was alone with a person who I thought was my best friend but was a complete stranger to me. I so did not want to walk into that house.

Watching Galvin disappear while C.J. dragged me through the door had my heart sink and it didn't improve once I noticed the inside. It was what I thought, cold and lifeless. In the foyer the walls were white and the floors were ceramic white tile. The furniture looked old but very well maintained, trimmed with dark wood. We didn't stay there long for me to really get a good look. C.J. was still pulling me by my wrist towards the stairs.

He must have finally realized I was not willingly following him. "Hunter? What is it? What's wrong?" Before I could answer he continued, "Please, Hunter you have to see your room. I promise you will love it." The excitement that was there a moment ago was gone. He looked more disappointed than anything else. I don't even think he understood I did not want to be there.

Knowing I had no choice in the matter I nodded, which he smiled at and continued up the stairs while I followed. As we moved up, slower now, I did have a chance to pay attention to the staircase. It was beautiful. Dark mahogany with beautiful spinals. So far it was the only warmth the place had. Finally making it to the top of the stairs we turned right and went down to the end of the hall where C.J. stopped us.

"Are you ready?" C.J.'s smile was true and full of excitement. He didn't wait and opened the door wide open. 

Well it wasn't white at least. My room was pink. Pink walls, pink bedding, pink pillows, oh and guess what...pink curtains! I guess I should be happy it was a pale pink instead of a bright neon pink. See I could look at the bright side of things. Yay me! But it was pink!

Once again C.J. pulled on my wrist to get me to move. Standing in the middle of the huge room I didn't know what to say. He was going on about having my own bathroom, walk in closet and something else. To be honest I stopped listening. I walked over to the doors on the far side of the room. They led me to a balcony with an amazing view.

"It's beautiful," I said talking bout the view of the forest and the fading sun. All I could see for miles were the treetops. C.J. thought I was talking about the room.

"I am so glad you like it. There are new clothes in the dresser so go grab a shower and I will meet you downstairs in 30 minutes and we can show you the rest of the house and get something to eat." Before I could acknowledge the arrangements he was gone.

I was alone in my very pink bedroom and all I could think about was getting away from all of it.