Chapter 18 Adam(Sam's Arrival)

It was late or maybe early; after midnight I was sure of. Most of my pack as well Nikko's was awake and moving about. I wasn't sure if it was due to being back at the camp where our enemy had held Hunter or the fact that our quests would be arriving any time now. If I had to put my money on one or the other I would say the latter. It didn't take long for the rumour to go around that Samantha was different from us but only a few of us knew to what extent. It was going to stay that way. 

The quietness of the night was cut with a distant howl followed by two others. Someone had pulled into the dirt road leading to the camp. In the next minute we would know if it was friend or foe. I gave Jack a signal to show my wolves. If they saw that signal then we would hear three quick yelps followed by a howl. It was the longest minute. Finally the signal came and we knew Jack and Samantha had arrived.

Looking over at Nikko he gave me a look asking, "Are you sure this is a good idea?". It was a little too late for that. Out loud he asked, "Have you seen John? The last time I seen him he was not looking to well."

That was Nikko's polite way of saying John was on the verge of losing it to his wolf and if that happened things would go wrong and fast. The thing was I wasn't sure we haven't lost him already. I have done my best to keep everyone away from him to give him time to pull himself together but for him coming back here was the worst thing for him. Everyone else seemed more at ease but for John it was the opposite.

He lost his mate not even two weeks ago. The last time he saw her alive was at this camp. He said his goodbyes to her here as well. This was also where are enemy took our niece. For him this place held too many bad memories and about two hours ago I did see him walk out into the woods. The problem was when he looked at me before disappearing behind a tree it was not his eyes that stared back at me but his wolf's. The question was who was in charge of his body now? Did he let his wolf take over completely or was John still fighting to stay in control?

I decided not to meet Jack and his pack in the parking lot for one reason only: my pack and Nikko's were uneasy and by me staying where I was showed I supported them. I explained to Jack a while ago what I was doing and it was not out of disrespect. With us going back many years he took my word for what it was, the truth and understood. I could faintly hear multiple vehicles pulling in the parking lot. Jack said he was going to bring a small army with him for Sam's protection and from the number of vehicles I heard he was not over exaggerating.

"Ok." I said, clapping my hands together once and rubbing them together. "Another pack as well as a pride has just arrived to help us get Hunter back. I know I told you all this before but remember this group is unique and from what I know so is Samantha. You may feel a certain amount of pull towards her and that is ok. She and her men are not here to cause any issues. Please be on your best behaviour." I announced to the group. I wasn't sure if I was more nervous or relieved to see the extra help.

"Vic! Sam!" Nikko shouted to get his sons attention since they were behind us in a cabin. As they stepped out Nikko gave them his full attention. "You two keep your tongues in your mouths and your comments to yourselves." His boys looked at him with the biggest smiles on their faces and a twinkle in their eyes.

As Nikko continued to stare their smiles sank and they stood up straight. "Yes, Sir," They said at the same time. Nikko maintained eye contact for a few more seconds before turning his back on them. I swear I seen Nikko smirk.

Not even two minutes later I knew the group was out of their vehicles.

"Samantha you cannot go barging in! We are quest." I was pretty sure that was Jack's boisterous voice I heard above the others.

"I am not barging in! I have been stuck on a plane for over 8 hours then in a car for 6. I am a little wound up right now. It has been at least 15 hours since I have had...Never mind. Jack just cut me some slack please?" I was pretty sure that was Samantha. "Lawrence!" She sounded shocked then a roar of laughter came from more than a few men.