Chapter 25 Nikko

I had to give my boys credit, even though they joked around a bit with Sam they were keeping their heads in the game. Sam was something that I never came across before and there was definitely a pull towards her, I could even feel it but Hunter stayed as our main concern. I think more of the attraction for Jarek and Grayson was due to how she reminded them of Hunter.

I was hoping, like the others, that whatever Sam and the Pride Leader were doing would help. I wasn't counting on it because I did not want to get my hopes up but I knew something was happening. Whatever they were doing had Sam's emotions all over the place. The odd time she spoke I heard surprise in her voice. When there was a chance I would ask her about it. Just as she was intrigue with us borns I was equally so if not more about her and the way the pack and pride worked together. They seemed even closer than your average healthy pack was.

I wondered what power she held and if it was her power that brought this unique situation closer or was it just her as a person. It wouldn't surprise me if it was both. I wasn't sure if I envied Lawrence's mating bond or was glad it wasn't me. I had a feeling she kept them on their toes at all times.

Sam's outburst before she flung herself into her mate's arms startled us all. Everyone stopped in mid motion and waited to see what had happened.

"I did it! We did it! Do you see her? She is absolutely breathtaking but too skinny," Sam ranted on to Lawrence as if no one else was around. Kissing Lawrence long and deep before she jumped to her feet and faced myself and Adam. "It worked! She wasn't afraid of me even though she seen me in my lion form but she understood what I said. She is not one who trusts easily is she?" Sam asked before she rambled on not letting anyone answer. "I didn't get much because our connection was fading but what I caught was two words: mountain and diner. Do either of them ring any bells?"

It was something but not really enough. We were surrounded by mountains. But the diner I only knew one. "I guess we are going out to breakfast in the morning," I said to Adam.

Adam had a huge smile on his face. I couldn't blame him it was something more than we had an hour ago. "Ok," Adam said with a clap of his hands. "Everyone get some sleep we have a big day tomorrow. We leave at 7am!"

With that said Adam had a couple of his pack members show Sam and the others to their cabins. I stayed back a bit to watch how our guests interacted with each other. I was surprised how physical Sam was with some of the other members. You do not often see a mated wolf or I suppose a lion quite that physical with others that were not their mates. Lawrence always kept her in his sights but he seemed to be ok with it for the most part. There was only one of the wolves he seemed to get a little more tense around. I believe his name was Mason. Now Sam and that wolf had an unusual bond.

When we were headed up to the camp I noticed Sam looked at Lawrence once, he gave a short nod and she ran ahead and jumped on the wolf's back and laid a kiss on his cheek. There they laughed and he carried her the rest of the way. Now that I had never seen before. Of course all pack members joke around and play but this was different. They had a different vibe.

"They are very close," Lawrence said from beside me.

"I have noticed. You do not have to explain anything to me," I was curious but I would never outright and ask.

Lawrence sighed but there was no mistaking the fondness in his smile he had for his mate. "No I don't but I will. I know you are more weary with us being here then anyone else. Sam is different. She is the glue that keeps us strong. Her and Mason, from what I heard, had grown this bond the first week she arrived in our territories. We went from a mutual attraction that we fought everyday until the day we were mated. Before she was changed we all thought she was to mate another or possibly my second and the wolves third. It was after her change we all knew why it never happened but it took awhile to give in. She is one stubborn woman," Lawrence's smile grew as he thought about his mate.

"She has been through hell and back this past year. I am still astonished she had physically and mentally survived it. We almost lost her a couple times." Lawrence stopped and looked at me. "I know you are unsure of us and have ever right to be but trust this if you can only trust one thing. Sam will do everything to get Hunter back. That even means risking her own life." He shook his head as he took a step away to follow the group.

"Why?" I asked. It was an open question because the why was for so many unanswered questions.

"Simple. She loves strong. She has this need to protect everyone else but herself. She lives life to the fullest and drives the rest of us crazy with worry. We do it because we love her. We do it because she is right. We do it because we are Pride and Pack." Lawrence explained as he picked up his pace to catch up with his mate.

Now that I could understand. I had a feeling that our Hunter may just be the same. Now maybe they could help us learn who they keep Sam alive and happy.