Chapter 36 Hunter

"Where the hell do you think you are going?" A very cold but familiar voice said as a shadow stepped out from behind a large tree. "I see you obey just as much as your mother did. Now you will end up just as she had."

C.J. pulled us to a stop and stared at the man who blocked our way. His father.

The James I remembered was not the man that stood in front of us now. I remembered him as the carefree man with the bright smile and always laughing. The man that stood in front of us now had an arrogance to him as he leaned up against the tree with his arms folded across his chest. His smile was more of a sneer as he stared down C.J. The look was not a fatherly one at all. It held more disgust than anything else.

"We are leaving. I am taking Hunter and we are leaving you and all the other packs. I am the only one who can give her what she needs. Not you or anyone else. She is MINE!" C.J. roared the last word. His legs were shoulder length apart, his knuckles were white from squeezing his fist so tight while hatred radiated off his body. He stood a foot in front of me so I couldn't see his face. At that moment I was thankful.

I was more scared now than I have been since they took me. This was not my best friend. No, C.J. was now a complete stranger to me now with this delusion of me becoming his mate. I think he was actually more unstable then his father. That was not saying much at all. At that moment I wasn't sure if I was going to even make it out of this forest alive with these two men that I used to love.

James roared with laughter before it abruptly stopped. The disgust in his eyes moved towards hate and excitement. "I should have killed your mother years ago. She had completely ruined you. She spoiled you instead of teaching you the hard lessons in life." James shook his head and sighed. "I blame myself as well. I should have fixed this issue before I let it get this far. Oh well, no time like the present." James pushed himself off the tree he was leaning against then took a step forward.

Slowly he stalked forward and C.J. moved towards his father. In his rage he couldn't see his father's changes. His hands started to shift. They were no longer the gentle hands that used to hold me tight in a hug. Now they were long and deadly weapons. His hands had partially shifted into claws. I was speechless and could not move a muscle. My brain was screaming at me to run but my body was immobilized with fear.

My eyes were wide as I saw the realization on what was about to happen. When I blinked the next time the father and son that stood in front of each other with so much hate towards the other were now in mid air lunging towards each other. Immediately I saw blood as James swiped his claw hand against C.J.'s chest. C.J. on the other hand did not have claws but used his fists. Shooting his hand forward it connected against James' jaw. It was a good solid hit but not enough to knock down his dad. James stumbled back and C.J. lunged again. That was where he made his mistake.

As if everything slowed down I saw James smile and right himself too quick. His stumble was not real. It was to give C.J. the fake confidence to attack his dad again. But James was ready. I seen his clawed hand move up and from the side. I screamed before contact was made. I knew C.J. was not going to be able to move quick enough or defend himself. James arm moved closer and closer to C.J.'s body. Towards his neck to be exact. As if their moments were moving frame by frame I spotted C.J. in mid air in the first frame than his head moved the opposite way his father was. Then large drops of blood hooved in mid air a foot from C.J.'s head before his whole body flew to the right.

Time back to normal speed with C.J.'s lifeless body laying on his side with his back facing me. Between the angle of his neck and the blood I could barely make out pouring out of his neck, I knew he was dead. Dead before he hit the ground. All I could do was scream again while I stared at the boy, man that was once my best friend. My one who I shared so much with. The one who I used to dream about escaping with once I turned 18. My best friend that was not only no longer my friend but also just a broken shell with nothing left behind.

My eyes were so intent on C.J. that I didn't notice when James moved towards me. It wasn't till I heard a familiar voice that snapped me out of my shock. "James, what did you do?" Jonah sounded disgusted. Well that is what I think I heard. I was having problems comprehending anything at that moment.

"Teaching my son a lesson as well as Hunter here. She needs to learn that the Alpha's word is law." James said staring at Jonah who was somewhere behind me. I was too scared to move and have James attention back on me.

"Your so called Alpha is dead. He should have told me who...Hunter was. That was a mistake he paid for dearly." Jonah had moved around so I could now see him. Looking over at C.J. he sighed. "Leave James. Go while you can. The others will be here any moment now." James went to grab for my arm. "NO! Leave her!" Jonah had moved so fast I couldn't see him move. One second he was 5 feet away and the next he had a grip on James wrist before he had a chance to take my arm.

James growled at Jonah but refused to move. Instead he tried to gut Jonah with his claws but once again Jonah was too fast. Before James could make contact with Jonah's unprotected stomach he had James swung around with his hands around his head. I heard a loud crack before a wet ripping sound. James' body fell where it stood. Looking down it took me a few seconds to register what I was seeing. James' body was laying in a huge pool of blood but something didn't look right. Something was wrong with the way his body laid there. A thump noise had my head shoot up a couple feet away from James' body.

"Hunter." Jonah's hand engulfed the sides of my face, forcing me to look up at him. Turning me around slowly so now that both C.J. and James' lifeless bodies were behind me. "Listen to me carefully. I have to leave. This...this is not the time for...Tell your...Tell Sam to take care of my sons. I cannot. Tell her I will meet with her soon." Jonah stared deep into my eyes. When I didn't answer he shock me. Not hard, just enough to grab my attention.

"Take care of your sons and you will meet with her soon," I repeated in a daze. "Wait sons? You have sons? Who is Sam?" Asking questions helped me gather myself and helped me try to forget what was behind me.

Jonah had a small sad smile on his face. "Yes, I have 3 sons. Sam, Samantha is...well you will meet her very shortly." His head shot up and looked to our left. "I have to go." With that said Jonah was gone.