Chapter 34 Grayson

I couldn't believe it was finally time to go get Hunter. The past few days had been hell. The only thing, person that keep me going and somewhat level headed was Jarek. Two weeks ago I wanted to tear the guys head off and now...we were friends. Friends didn't quite cover it. Brothers. Yes, we were pack brothers who was in love with the same girl. She was ours. Not just mine anymore but ours. I still had mixed feelings about that but the connection we had was strong.

The magic I felt when Hunter held my hand and Jarek's was unbelievable. It just felt right. It felt strong. It was like I finally found the other half of my life that I never knew I was missing. Now did I tell this to Jarek? Hell no! I was not the mushy type and that would never change. Sure I was a bit with Hunter and Jarek would see that side but letting him know how I felt...Well that was just going to stay between me, myself and I.

Nikko just pulled over and it was time to set up the teams that would head up the mountain first to let the rest of us know what to expect. I was torn if I wanted to be selected for that or if I wanted to be in the front lines of the attack. Looking over at Jarek I already knew his thoughts were the same. What we both knew was that were I went he would follow and vice versa. We were stronger together.

Since Hunter was taken from me, from us, my shifts had increased in their speeds greatly. Even my senses had improved. I did ask Jarek about it and he noticed my shifts and said that he was changing as well but before he could explain we were interrupted. The subject was never brought up again.

I was usually the strong quiet type but since Sam has gotten here Jarek was really quiet. He stared at her a lot, but so did a lot of the others. Since she had been here things seemed to be more relaxed. I liked being close to her just because she felt like Hunter. It also made it harder sometimes. I could not even imagine what Hunter was going to do once she found out about Sam. That thought made me nervous and excited at the same time.

Was Sam going to try to take Hunter away from us? Yes, she was her mom but they didn't know each other. Hunter was ours. She belonged to us. Maybe that was why Jarek was so quiet. Maybe he was thinking the same thing.

"Hey man you ready?" I asked Jarek as we stood and waited for the others to come around to where we waited.

Jarek looked at me. Looked through me was a better description. "We fight to the death. We fight for our mate," Jarek's voice sounded different. He looked different. At first I thought he looked older but that wasn't it. It was his wolf. His wolf was at the surface.

"Come on Jarek don't lose it now. Fight!" I hissed. I seen John losing his battle with his wolf and it was not pretty. I was pretty sure Jarek would be worse.

Before Jarek or his wolf could say anything Sam walked up. She didn't look scared. She didn't even look concerned. She should be because I sure the hell was. "Hey," she said in a soft voice staring into Jarek's eyes.

Placing her hands on either side of his face she pulled him down so they were eye level. "You fight together. Jarek is in charge and will always be in charge. Do you understand me?" Her voice was soft but her intent wasn't. Sam moved closer and her lips were close enough to kiss Jarek but she didn't. She stared into his eyes and breathed. A soft blue glow left her mouth and went into his.

Nikko was now standing beside us. He stood still and just stared at Sam and his son. The exchange only lasted a couple seconds than Jarek blinked slowly than a small smile touched his lips.

"Better?" Sam asked while she still held his face in her hands.

"Thank you," Jarek answered, bending over that inch and kissed Sam on the side of the cheek.