Chapter 19 Adam

I already decided that the cliff note version was best but starting from the beginning. Sam had a right to know everything. Nikko and I sat beside each other on a couple of the lawn chairs that my pack members rushed to bring out. I appreciated it. I wasn't against sitting on the logs or the ground but the chairs seemed more appropriate. John was still with us and sat closer to Sam then he did us but she seemed ok with that even though some of the men with her stuck close. I don't think John even notice or cared. My second, Cal sat with Jarek and Grayson. The boys seemed to relax a lot since Sam showed up. They couldn't keep their eyes off her. Nikko's other sons stayed on the other side of the fire. They sat there quietly and took in everything. Nikko kept his eyes on them. They were being unusually quiet but the glint in their eyes gave things away. They were waiting for their time to come.

Sam sat in the middle of Lawrence and Jack with a smile on her face while she toasted a marshmallow. "I have not done this in years. Lawrence we need to make a fire pit when we get home. Shit!" her outburst had us all look her way. "Dammit I still can't make one of these without burning then!" Sam pulled a flaming marshmallow out of the fire.

Grayson chuckled and walked over to her. Her disappointment was written all over her face as she stared at the burnt looking rock that was attached to the stick she used. "It's ok Sam, Hunter can't do it either. Here I will trade you if you want. I usually did the marshmallows for Hunter," Grayson held out his perfectly roasted marshmallow still on the stick.

Sam's smile widen as she stood up and switched sticks. "Thank you Grayson," she said. "I guess once we have her back you will have to teach us both." 

"Does Hunter have a problem of concentrating on more than one thing at a time as well?" One of the men asked. He was a wolf and always seemed to be closer to Sam than the others. The way the two were I may have thought he was her mate because when she moved so did he. There was a connection between them that I had not noticed with the others.

"Mason! I am not that bad. I swear you guys act like I can't do anything by myself." The men just looked at her with a knowing smile. "Hey I told you all my cooking skills are less than desirable. That BBQ was already broken! There was a leak in the hose. I did not blow it up! It just happened," she said in a huff as she defended herself as the men roared in laughter.

"Anyway," Sam looked at Grayson and winked. "If you don't mind I would like to hear all of it. If we have time but if not the highlights would be good," Sam ignored the chuckles coming from her men, giving myself and Nikko her full attention.

"Cliff notes from the beginning so it gives you both of what you want," I said.

Jarek stood up with something in his hand and moved toward Sam. "My brother took this last week. I had a couple copies made and thought you may like it. He past her what look like a photo.

Sam sat there and stared down at the photo. Everything was quiet, no one said a word. Lawrence had his arm around the back of her chair looking at the photo as well. "She's beautiful. If you are not her biological mother I would lose a lot of money," Lawrence said in a soft voice.

Sam nodded and wiped a tear off her cheek. "You all look so happy together," Sam looked up at Grayson and Jarek. She handed the photo to her mate and stood. Walking over to the boys they stood up. "Thank you. Thank you so much for this." Sam took Jarek's face gently between her hands, pulled him down to her height and kissed his cheek. She repeated the process with Grayson. When she turned her back to walk back to her chair both of the boys fell back into their chairs. They looked at peace and in shock at the same time. In unison they touched the spot she kissed and seemed to melt in the chair.

Their reaction bothered me a bit and seemed to concern Jack and the others. "Samantha you need to block it out," Jack said.

She looked at him with a questioning look than back to the boys. "Ah fuck. Shit I am sorry," she said truly concerned. Taking a couple deep breathes and closing her eyes the boys seemed to snap out of whatever they felt. Shaking their heads with their eyes a little bigger they stared at Sam. "When my emotions run high I forget to block everything and with you all being new to me the effect hits you a little harder then the people who are with me all the time. Sorry. I will try better." She meant every word of it and the boys seemed to be ok and accepted her apology. I thought Nikko would have had something to say but he too seemed to accept what had happened and the apology.