Chapter 13 Hunter

"What's wrong with her?" C.J.'s voice was faint. Someone else spoke but I couldn't make out what they said. "No. I came to check on her and to bring her some food since she didn't eat dinner. When she didn't answer the door I walked in. That's when I found her."

"Galen?" that was James' voice. Who were they talking about? Why couldn't I open my eyes?

"You will not like what I have to say." That voice sounded familiar but I couldn't remember from where. "The drink you insist on making her drink is making her sick. I told you us borns are different than you mades. The drink is having a bigger impact on her wolf then it does yours. If you do not stop making her drink it you may kill her."

Were they talking about me? I didn't feel great but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to die. More like the flu or something. Doing an inventory of my body I found out that I couldn't move. I was exhausted and my brain was foggy. My eyes wouldn't open and I couldn't even move my fingers.

Wait? What did he say about my wolf? I just couldn't think but I knew this was important. I needed to think. Galen, I think I remember who he was. He was the one that chased the pain away. He said something about Lupa.

Lupa! My she-wolf. Where was she? I haven't heard or felt her since...since when? The cave! When I was with C.J.. Right before everything went black.

"But...He said," C.J. struggled with the words.

"What if we let her sleep it off and not give her anymore of the drink for a few hours. Would that help?" James asked.

The room was quiet for a long time. I knew there were still people in the room. It was the odd shuffle of feet that gave it away. Finally Galen answered, "I am not sure. What I do know is that I do not know what we can give her to change the effects." That didn't sound good. "I will stay with her. My touch may help. Just like you mades, touch helps to heal. With her being a born my touch will help her more than yours will."

There was more talking but I struggled to focus. I wanted to sleep. I needed sleep. The last thing I think I heard was someone growling right after the bed moved and a hand touched my face.

I woke up on and off for hours it seemed. Ok waking may had been to strong of a word. My eyes never opened once. It was more like I became aware of voices, sometimes filled with concern and other times panic. The closest time to really feeling anything was when they all started to panic and I think they put me in a tub of ice water. Something was said about my body burning up then I felt like I was floating.

"Come on Lupa I need you to fight. I know you can do it." Galen kept on repeating. "Don't you dare give up. Hunter is fighting but she needs you too." His voice seemed to be close but at the same time it was faint.

It was a while later when the voices started to become louder. Were they arguing the fog I was in started to lift. I could actually feel things now. My fingers actually twitched. Right after that I could feel the rest of my body. Everything hurt. A lot. Was that a moan? Did it come from me?

"No! She can not be moved yet. We stay here and that is final. If He has a problem with that then I will talk to him." Galen sounded pissed.

"You said once she started to come around we could move her. He wants her at the house." That was a new voice. He sounded just as mad as Galen.

"If we move her now then all our efforts to keep her alive would have been a waste. This is the first time she moved, never mind made any noise in hours. She needs another 24 hours before we try to move her. NO MORE OF THAT DAMN DRINK!" Galen roared right before something smashed in the far side of the room.

I felt the bed move, I was pretty sure it was Galen who was sitting on the bed, then I felt a breeze where there was body heat before. At the same time I heard growls from the other side of the room. Even in my condition I could feel the tension in the room and the sour scent of hatred.

"Enough!" James spoke up. He sounded more annoyed than anything. "Galen we are packing up and we will be on our way to the house at sunset. The drive is about 4 hours. Make sure she is awake. Do your job. The only one you have and the only thing that keeps you here with us." I swear James just threatened Galen. James also sounded a bit pleased with himself. I was still too groggy to understand everything that was going on.