Chapter Three ✓

ARGUMENTS

ARGUMENTS

A SLEEPING SCARLETT LAID DOWN ON THE HARD CONCRETE FLOOR IN THE SLAMMER. The Slammer in the Glade is also one of the other things that she created, along side with the Grievers. Not that she knows it. Not that she remembers. Before she woke up she had flashes in her mind. It was of her old life, in a white room, with people.

She tried to figure out if she could point out any details that could help her remember, but nothing seemed to work when she tried. She also thought of how her life is going to be like in the Glade. Where would she sleep? How is she supposed to sleep when she knows that she's trapped there? How is she supposed to accept the fact that there's an actual Maze out there and they haven't even found a way out yet?

She doesn't know how much longer she can handle it before her brain explodes with the amount of questions that she has.

A groan escaped her lips as she rolled over. The back of her head was pounding with pain. It surprised her that there wasn't any blood. She sat up and placed a hand on the back of her head. "Ow," she winced, "God dammit." A figure stood there in front of her, blocking the sun and turning her area dark around her.

When she looked up she jumped backwards, her back hitting the hard wall of the Slammer.

It only held one wooden rusty chair in the corner. On the ground there was also dust bunnies. It wasn't pretty, that's for sure. "You okay in there, Greenie?" The dark-skinned man asked.

"No." Alby squatted down next to the door. He looked at the girl who had a tear stained face.

"Before I let you out of here I need to ask you a few questions. It's mandatory," Alby began.

"Well, you're not gonna let me out of here anyways so go right ahead. Or better yet, have someone knock me out with a piece of plywood again!" She snapped angrily at him. "This isn't gonna work if you're going to be like this. You get me?"

Scarlett stood up, feeling dizzy as she did. "No. I don't get you. I don't get any of you and I sure as hell don't get why I was sent here. I don't get anything!" She folded her arms, glaring down at the floor. "Do you want to stay in here all night, or do you want to cooperate with me?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Alby sighed. "Firstly, do you remember any-thing?" She couldn't tell him about her flash backs that she's been having. She wouldn't even know how to explain it to him. She doesn't even get it herself and telling a complete stranger would not exactly help the situation.

"I remember my name... it's Scarlett."

"Scarlett. Huh." Alby commented.