Chapter Ten ✓

TRAPPED

THE GLADERS FOLLOWED THE GIRL DOWN A SERIES OF HALLWAYS, SCARLETT'S EYES SCANNING THE PLACE LEFT AND RIGHT NOTICING ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE WORKING IN THE AREA. "Come on, keep up," the girl said, "Jorge wants to meet you." 

Scarlett furrowed her eyebrows, glancing up at Thomas. "Who the hell is Jorge?" She asked. 

The girl didn't answer, she kept on walking and looking straight ahead instead. "Who the hell is Jorge?" She asked louder this time, causing the brunette to look back at the strawberry blonde.

"You'll she." She grinned a little. A few men behind them walked closely, curious about the new people who've come into their home. One with a broken tooth grinned behind Scarlett. She turned around and felt him staring at her.

She looked up at Thomas and down at his hand, who gladly took it. "No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got them curious, that's all. Same with me," she said with a nod. "Does anyone else get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asked. 

"You're not the only one," Scarlett whispered. 

"Let's just give him a chance. See what he was to say." Thomas said. "Jorge," the girl greeted. 

"They're here."

She sat down on the couch as the Gladers stood in front of the man named Jorge. "You ever get the feeling that the whole world's against you?" He began to speak. Everyone shared a glance knowing that's exactly how they felt right now. 

"Three questions. Where did you come from?" He poured himself a drink, making Scarlett look at Newt who looked back at her. "Where are you going, and how can I profit?" Thomas stepped forward. "And don't answer all at once." "Looking for the mountains," Thomas responded softly, for once not sounding mad or angry. "Looking for the Right Arm." The words he spoke made Jorge's men laugh behind him. 

Scarlett looked back and cringed at them in disgust.

A grin played on Jorge's lips, causing him to step forward as well. "You're looking for ghosts, you mean?" With that, he drank his last bit of his liquid in one gulp, focussing his attention back toward the teenagers. 

"Question number two, where did you come from?" Scarlett looked around her nervously. They couldn't exactly tell him where they came from, all that would cause is chaos. Scarlett and Thomas shared a worried glance before Minho spoke for them. "That's our business."

A snort of laughter came from Jorge's lips which made Scarlett glare at him. Scarlett was suddenly dropped down to the floor with her arms behind her, pulling back by a girl guard. 

"Hey!" Thomas boomed, "Get the hell off of her!"

They all tried fighting back especially Scarlett who tried to get off the ground, but was failing miserably. The women scanned her neck, a photo I.D blinked on the screen. "Will you get the hell off of me?!" She yelled at her, the girls shoe pressing hard on her back. 

"You were right," The women said, "They came from WCKD."

   -