Chapter Five ✓

THE TRUTH

THE TRUTH

A TERRIFIED SCARLETT, THOMAS AND ARIS CRAWLED THROUGH THE VENTS, FOLLOWED BY HER HEAVY BREATHING THAT ECHOED OFF THE WALLS. Newt was pacing around the room waiting impatiently for Scarlett and Thomas to get back. He wondered what was taking them to long until they heard the vent open and the three slid through.

Scarlett gasped and almost tripped on the ground, she started searching for anything she could find to push up against the metal doors so that WCKD wouldn't be able to get through and harvest them. The thought of being harvest made her sick. It made her want to throw up knowing that is what was going to happen if they don't get the hell out of there.

"Thomas, Scarlett!" Minho shouted at them.

Thomas stood there for a moment, taking it all in.

"We gotta go, we gotta go right now!" He said, and began frantically running around the room.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Another asked. Scarlett sat down and ran her fingers through her hair, breathing heavily in and out.

She then stood up and tried lifting a mattress off the bed. "What do you mean we gotta go?"

"We gotta go, they're coming for us!" "Hey, what happened? Aris, what happened?" Frypan asked him. Aris was shocked to say the least.

Thomas began tying a sheet on the door nob.

"Thomas, What happened?!" "Can you guys just calm down and talk to us?" Newt asked.

"She's still alive!"

"Who's she?" "Ava!" Scarlett said, walking over to the others. "Ava?" Newt couldn't believe it.

"Yes, Ava! We saw her with our own freakin' eyes! Ava Paige is alive, guys! It was all a joke! All of it!"

"Thomas, talk to us." Newt lowered his voice.

"It's WCKD!" Thomas yelled, turning around.

"It's still WCKD. It's always been WCKD!" He also lowered his voice, running to one of the beds and picking up a cot, laying it against the door.

"Thomas," Newt said, placing a hand next to his head on the mattress. Thomas turned to look at him, Newt's eyes averting to Scarlett's.

"What did you guys see?"

                                            -