Chapter Five ✓

TAKEN

TAKEN

THE TWO VANS THAT WERE HOLDING THE GLADERS DROVE GOD KNOWS WHERE, AND THE BUMPY GROUND CREATED SCARLETT'S STOMACH TO DO FLIPS AND TWISTS. The blindfold was dark on her, so she took it off not really knowing what the point was having it on in the first place since her hands weren't tied up or nothing. "Ugh, ew!" She said, throwing the blindfold on the ground, making Newt glance at her. "Who the hell do these people think they are? They can't just kidnap us!" 

"Well, looks like they did," Newt said. Scarlett groaned, turning her head towards Jorge who was looking down. 

"If they hurt Brenda I swear to god-" Jorge sentence was cut off by him trying to fight off one of the guys, the guy was then thrown to the ground, landing hard on his back once the van stopped and the back door was bursted open. 

Scarlett dropped to the ground, gasping as her palms hit the bumpy gravel, scraping them again. Thomas was about to rush over to help her up until Jorge jumped out of the vehicle, rushing to the guy who captured them, taking punches and yelling Brenda's name. "Where is she?!" Jorge yelled. He hit the guy, and Scarlett's eyes widened. 

This just showed how much Jorge really cared about Brenda - almost like as if she was a daughter to him. "Oh, shit!" Thomas said, rushing over to the scene. "I'm right here, I'm right here!" Brenda shouted at him, her voice yelling through the air. Scarlett was about to help pry Jorge off her until Newt and her got held back. Scarlett put her hands up in surrender and took a step back, allowing Jorge to fight off the guy. 

"Jorge!" Scarlett yelled, but he didn't listen to her. As much as she wanted to beat up whoever kidnapped them, she decided to leave it and let it be. 

"I'm right here, I'm right here!" Brenda yelled again. Jorge punched the guy once more. Once he realized that it actually was Brenda, he stopped fighting. "Everybody, relax! We're all on the same side here." Something about that voice made Scarlett wonder why it sounded so familiar. 

Something about the voice was odd... like she had heard it before. "Wait, what do you mean the same side? Who the hell are you?" Thomas asked. Thomas stood in front of everybody else, Scarlett walked over to him and glanced at the boy wearing the mask. He took off the black mask, revealing his face, and Scarlett couldn't believe her eyes. "Gally?" 

-

"Hey, Greenie," Gally said, causing Scarlett to glance nervously at Thomas. "What are you doing here?" Scarlett asked, her face full of wonder and curiosity. How is he still alive after what happened to him when they got out of the maze? How is he still alive after everything? 

How is it fair that Gally got to live and the young boy didn't? Gally didn't answer her.

"Gally...?" Thomas's voice cracked, shocked as well. Newt glanced at Frypan who shook his head in disbelief. How is this even possible? Scarlett thought. Next thing everybody knew, Thomas sprinted forward and punched Gally square in the jaw. He dropped to the ground and Thomas grabbed Gally by the shoulders.