Chapter Seven ✓

TERESA

TERESA

THE BLACK HOOD THAT WAS THROWN OVER TERESA'S HEAD WAS RIPPED OFF BY SCARLETT. She dropped it on the ground, looking at her ex-best friend, eyes narrowing and folding her arms. Teresa breathed out and ran a hand through her thick wavy hair, her eyes meeting her green ones.

They then darted towards Gally, her eyes widening with fear. 

"Gally?" She gasped out.

Scarlett took a seat next to Thomas and pursed her lips. "Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know." 

"We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?" Gally asked, sliding a chair over to her. "You guys seriously don't think-" Teresa began looking at Scarlett. "Don't look at her. Why are you looking at her? Look at me."

Gally moved in front of her with his chair so she wouldn't be able to focus on Scarlett. Teresa tried to glance at her one last time before she sighed. "She's not gonna help you. Now... we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" "He's with the others in holding... so level three."

"How many others?" Newt asked.

"28," she breathed out shakingly. "I can make that work," Brenda said, placing a card down.

Scarlett stood up from her spot and walked over to Brenda, grabbing a chair and sitting down next to her, her eyes glancing at the cards she was holding.

Teresa felt the jealousy in her rising. She knew that she lost Scarlett as her best friend a long time ago, but it still hurt to see her become good friends with Brenda.

It's not her fault that she's trying to find a cure, that she's trying to save humanity. They need to understand that. All of them. Scarlett understood that once, too. "No, no. You guys don't understand that the whole level is restricted. You- you can't get in without a thumb print ID." Teresa said. "That's why you're coming with us," Scarlett said. "Well, I don't know. You don't necessarily need her. Right?" Gally stood up, walking over to the table and said, "Not all of her." He picked up a sharp tool, holding it up. "We just need her finger." 

"Gally," Thomas said, "Back off."

"Are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho." "Gally, stop," Scarlett said standing up, Thomas did the same. "Stop it, back off," Thomas said, reaching for the tool Gally was taunting Teresa with. "Won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me." Scarlett sat back down.

"You still won't get through that front door. The sensors will pick you up from the-" "I know, we're tagged," Thomas said, "Property of WCKD." He walked over to Teresa and squatted down in front of her. "You're gonna help us with that, too." He held up the sharp tool towards her. Scarlett was not excited for this at all. 

-

Teresa sat Thomas down in a chair, taking his tag out first. "Relax, this is gonna sting." Teresa told him, taking the sharp tool and cutting out his tag. Scarlett glanced at her and Thomas, her eyes narrowing at the sight of her.  

"Hey, did Jorge leave?" Scarlett asked, folding her arms and walking towards Brenda. She nodded, her eyes meeting the grounds before looking at hers. "Yeah, he did. He'll be fine."

"Are you okay?" Brenda nodded, "I will be, it's just hard letting him go." "I know, I know. But hey, you have us, you have me and it's all good." Scarlett smiled, showing her that it'll be okay. Brenda hugged the strawberry blonde and sighed. "Thanks for being here for me." "Of course. Thanks for being here for me as well."

A smile formed on Brenda's lips as she pulled back, Teresa glancing at the two girls who seemed close. "She seems healthy," Teresa commented. "Yeah," Thomas muttered, not really wanting to talk to her. Teresa tried asking him more questions, but when she was done. He got up and walked off, heading over towards Scarlett and Brenda.

"You're turn," Thomas said to Scarlett, holding a small cloth on the back of his neck. She could already start to feel the twists and turns in her stomach. She groaned, leaning her head back and heading over to Teresa. "Hey," Teresa said as she sat down. 

The girl ignored her and took a seat, Teresa brushed the hair away from her neck finding the spot where she's tagged. "Try to relax," Teresa told her, she began to cut into her skin. 

"Ow, dammit," Scarlett hissed under her breath, Teresa slowly pulling the tag out of her neck. "Think about something, it'll take the pain away." Teresa said. "Think about what? What can I possibly think about? All I can think about is Minho and what you guys have been doing to him in there." She frowned. 

"Scarlett, you know that we're doing this for a reason. To find a cure. You used to understand that, I remember... When was Brenda's last treatment?" Teresa asked. "Uh, the Right Arm?" She said more like a question. Teresa looked up, eyebrows furrowing. 

"But that was months ago, she should have changed by now-" "Teresa, enough. The world is dying, maybe we should just let it. Look, I don't want to hear what you're twisted mind has to say. Just get this thing out of me and please... just... don't talk." 

Teresa's stomach lurched, feeling hurt from what came out of the girls mouth. When Teresa was done, she walked over to Thomas. "You don't believe me?" She said. Newt gave Scarlett a cloth and placed it on her neck, she thanked him and dabbed the cloth with her hand.

"You've made you're choice."

"Everything okay over here?" Gally asked, walking over to Thomas and Teresa, the two of them heading over to Brenda. Scarlett made her way over to Thomas. "Yeah, Yeah. We're done." Thomas grabbed Scarlett's hand and walked away from Teresa who watched them leave. Reaching for the tool that she used for their neck, and Gally reached for her hand. 

"Nice try."

Scarlett went to the station where Brenda was cleaning their guns. She took the cloth off of the back of her neck, throwing it in the small garbage can.

"She was your best friend, wasn't she?" Brenda asked Scarlett. Scarlett looked up at her and shook her head. "Not anymore." 

Scarlett looked down and tied her shoes up, as one of the laces came un done earlier. Brenda was saying something to Thomas, Scarlett stood up. "You can't save everyone, Thomas." Brenda said, handing his hand gun back to him. He took it in his hands, and cocking it with a serious look on his face and said, "I can try."