Chapter Ten ✓

MINHO

SCARLETT STARED AT THE ASIAN BOY WHO STARED BACK AT HER. The two were just looking at each other, not saying a word. Minho was stunned by her beauty and she was stunned by his looks. He looked her up and down and she bit her bottom lip. "I-I'm sorry for just barging in. I- I shouldn't be here. I'm sorry." Turning around, Minho called for her to stay.

"Hey, wait," he said, jogging over to her. She looked at him with confusion. "Your name is Scarlett, right?" Minho asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, but everyone here seems to want to call me Greenie and I have no idea what that means." "I'm Minho," he said, sticking out his hand. She looked at it before shaking it.

"Scarlett." The feeling of his hand on hers made her warm inside. Something that she has never felt before with anyone else besides Newt. Letting that feeling drift away, her eyes moved around the room they were in. "What is this place?" She asked. Minho straightened his shoulders, showing off his muscles.

"It's where I come after I run the Maze. We write everything down. It's called the map room."

He didn't know why he was telling her this.

Maybe because he had a feeling in his gut that he wanted to get to know her better. "The map room?" She looked around again. "It's uh, it's nice." Minho chuckled. "And it's also where I come to hide from everyone else once in a while."

"Yeah, Newt has one of those spots, too." She chuckled. "So... what's going on with you two, anyway?"

Scarlett looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Well, he likes you if it isn't obvious enough."

Scarlett's eyes widened. "No, no, no, no. He doesn't like me. We're just friends." She shook her head. "Just friends, huh? Well, that's not what it looks like when you're together."

Scarlett sighed. "It's complicated. It's all just... complicated. Everything is still new to me."

"You'll get used to it. I mean, I did. Then I became a Runner and everything changed."

"Do you want to go for a walk? I-I mean anything. I don't want to face Gally today after what he did to me. I'm scared he'll knock me out with plywood again." Minho nodded.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go for a walk."

     -

It was nice talking to someone else other than her usual friends. Talking to Minho was like talking to a whole new different person. He was a good guy, though, he seemed a little intimidating. Minho took interest and liking in the girl, and she already thought of him as a good friend. The two then took a seat on the little bridge. The bridge that was in the middle of the woods.

They dangled their legs off of the edge, and Minho played with his hands. "God. I wish I could just stay out here forever," Scarlett said.

He chuckled. "Yeah, me too."

"Do you ever think that we'll find a way out of this place?" Minho turned his head to look at her.

"I think we will someday. Definitely. I'm hoping." Minho looked straight ahead. Scarlett quickly glanced at him. "How did you become a Runner?" She asked. "Y-you don't have to tell me. I was just wondering..." she whispered.