Chapter Fourteen ✓

TILL DEATH

SCARLETT STOOD THERE SHOCKED, A GASP ESCAPED TERESA'S LIPS. No, this can't be happening. Not her Thomas. "Thomas..." Scarlett whispered, bringing her hands up to her lips.

Thomas fell to the ground, and Teresa and Scarlett both dropping down to their knees and crawling to his side. Scarlett pushed Teresa aside a little ways, she went over to the other side of him and Scarlett looked at his wound.

He lifted his shirt and the blood wouldn't stop flowing out of his wound. Her hands touched the tender area and he gasped, in excruciating pain. Scarlett had tears form in her eyes and she let out a gasp. "We need something, here!" Teresa said, opening up a drawer and digging through it. Scarlett held Thomas's hand and he slid down. Teresa placed a cloth on his wound stopping the blood from draining out of his system. "Put pressure on it. Hold it," Teresa told him.

"Scar... you gotta go. You guys gotta go." He whispered. "After everything we've been through, after everything there is no way in hell I'm leaving you now." Scarlett told him, her eyes drifting down to his wound. "Scarlett..."

"No, just shut up! No. I'm not letting you die too." The girl whimpered, "I'm not leaving without you." Smoke entered the room and Janson walked in, his gun held high, and cranks making eerie noises throughout the room.

"Dammit, Teresa. You had me fooled. I thought we were friends." Scarlett stood up and placed Thomas somewhere different. He leaned against one of the tables and tried to calm down his breathing. Scarlett ended up following Teresa and she threw a glass on the ground, making Janson point his gun at the sound.

"Maybe its just in your nature to betray the people closest to you." Janson was saying.

Scarlett made a noise again and Janson fired though he didn't miss. The bullet went straight through her shoulder making her fall to the ground in pain. The bullet rebounded off one of the tables and shot the girl. She covered her mouth and Teresa grabbed her, and pulling her along with her.

If she were gonna die at least they would all die together. "Come on..." Janson taunted. Scarlett gasped and crawled back to Thomas with one hand, she then fell to the ground and slid her body over to him, the pain stinging in her left arm.

Blood formed on her jean jacket and she was finally close to Thomas, who's eyes were strained ahead of him. "Let's not prolong this." He added, "We both know there's no way out of here. Let's not make this anymore painful than it needs to be." Scarlett sat on the other side of Thomas. He moved over and leaned his head down on her shoulder, the one with the wound.

A scream wanted to escape her lips from the touch of his head hitting the bullet stuck in her skin, instead she closed her eyes and squeezed them shut, her hands finding Thomas's and holding them tightly. Who knew getting shot would be this painful. "Thomas... Teresa... Scarlett..."

Scarlett heard Teresa yelp, Janson found her and walked closer. She slid across the floor and and stood up, Janson aiming the gun at her.

"Just Take it. Leave them alone." "Oh, look at you two. You think he's so special. Too bad he doesn't care about you as much as he cares about Scarlett. He's a lab rat, he was born one."

Scarlett's forehead started sweating, the pain seemed to be worse now, blood still coming out of the would. "What about you, Thomas? What do you have to say?! Don't you have enough blood on your hands already? You might not have been able to shoot her, but I can. Okay, fine. Have it you're way."