Chapter One ✓

THE RESCUE TEAM

THE RESCUE TEAM

JORGE, BRENDA, AND SCARLETT DROVE DOWN THE LONG DIRT ROAD WITH DUST TRAILING BEHIND THEM, THE LOUD SOUND OF THE ENGINE ROARING IN THE STRAWBERRY BLONDES EARS.  Jorge was in the driver's seat while Brenda was in the passengers with Scarlett in the back. It was her plan to split up with the others, and help Brenda and Jorge.

Two people that she had come fairly close to over the past few months. Thomas couldn't exactly argue with that.

He originally wanted her to stay with Newt, knowing that he would help protect her. So far Thomas has learnt that the girl doesn't need protection, and she is perfectly capable of handling herself. He trusts her with all of his heart. 

Once Jorge stopped driving and they parked, Jorge flipped open his pocket watch.

Scarlett moved closer to them and placed her hands on the seat. "They're late." Jorge said. Brenda looked at her watch and sniffled. "I specifically told them not to be late," Scarlett groaned, throwing her head back in annoyance. 

"Don't worry, Scar. I'm sure your boyfriend is perfectly fine." Brenda said. Scarlett rolled her eyes. "He's not my-" Thank goodness their conversation was interrupted by a train honking. Scarlett and Brenda shared a look before Scarlett leaned back in her seat.  "Oh, shit," Scarlett whispered. They began gearing up and Brenda passed a gun to Scarlett, who locked and loaded it. Jorge put the metal flaps up, made to protect themselves from the bullet holes or any other kind of danger that would come there way. 

Scarlett geared up and made sure that she had everything she needed. Brenda and Jorge shared a look before he started the ignition again. "Let's do this," Scarlett said, ready to get Minho back. The vehicle raced down the hill and was met by a train - the exact train who captured all of the kids, and Minho. 

Jorge drove along beside it, Scarlett was more than ready to fight. Two drivers who were in front of the train noticed the vehicle beside them. "Brenda, we're coming up behind, keep 'em busy!" Scarlett heard Thomas say through the radio. Scarlett stood up when it was her turn and pointed her gun at the window where the driver's were, shooting one bullet straight through the glass. They ducked and she sat back down again, groaning. 

"Dammit, I missed!"

Jorge let out a laugh. They soon reached the tracks, and the bumpiness from the car made Scarlett abruptly fall from the jump. Jorge drove on the tracks and before Scarlett knew it, they were being shot at by WCKD's people. 

Scarlett gasped and ducked. Brenda and Jorge doing the same. Jorge swerved and all Scarlett wanted to do was fight back, but she couldn't reach her gun in time since it fell to the floor. 

So instead, Jorge shot out the window but missed, Scarlett picked up her gun and cocked it once again ready to fire when necessary. 

"Hey Brenda, you got company!" Thomas shouted. "I know!" 

Scarlett ducked as the bombs started hitting the ground, she did not want to die today. So she snatched the radio out of Brenda's hand, pressing the switch on to talk to Thomas but was interrupted by Jorge cussing. Scarlett's body was thrown against the car door, another fire bomb hitting the dirt beside their vehicle. 

"Thomas, you're on you're own. Don't die, please. I love you," Scarlett said, ending the conversation. "Stay safe, baby. I love you!" 

Scarlett handed it back to Brenda and she took it. The trio jumped another hill with the Bergs following behind them, and a smile forming on Scarlett's face from the rush and excitement of this adventure. Brenda was even seeming to have a good time, Jorge let out a chuckle. 

"We got 'em, we got 'em!" It was thrilling to be driving with Jorge, and also exciting. Once Jorge, Brenda, and Scarlett arrived to their safe spot the car stopped and Brenda set her gun down. "Step out of the vehicle, hands up." Someone radioed to them from inside the Berg. Brenda and Jorge shared a look. "Come on," Scarlett said. The three of them stepped out of the vehicle and put their hands up, the guards rushing towards them with their guns.

Scarlett gave Brenda a look and stood beside her, Jorge on the other side of Brenda. 

"Stop right there!"

"Don't move!" Brenda, Jorge, and Scarlett backed up, the guards stepping closer. "I said freeze!" Another yelled, "Asshole!" "Whatever you say, hermano," Jorge said, which caused Scarlett to grin. Brenda gave a sly smile and waved goodbye, the guards looking at the three of them confused. "Adios, bitches," Scarlett said, smirking, sending them a small wave as well. The trap they made worked, causing the guards to fall into it, and their loud cries filling in the air. 

The guard who didn't fall in pointed a gun at Scarlett, who took hers out and pointed it right back at him. "You don't want to do that, now," Frypan said, coming out from his hiding spot. 

"Hey, Fry," Brenda smiled. "Good to see you guys. Missed you, Scar." Scarlett nodded. 

"Missed you too, Frypan." A grin formed on her face.

"Back up." Frypan said to the guard. 

Scarlett grinned.

This was exactly apart of their plan. 

   -

The trio, Frypan, and the others stole the Berg from the guards. "Alright guys, we're here!" Jorge called. Brenda ran over to push the red button, the metal hook dropping down, Thomas grabbing the end of it and hooking it on the crate. "Okay, we're going up!" Thomas and the others successfully made it with them which made Scarlett clap and smile. Her and Brenda high-five, most of the people inside the Berg had a smile on their face. Scarlett looked down below and saw Thomas, Newt and Vince, and two other boys. "We're going home, baby!" Vince cheered. And home is exactly where Scarlett wanted to be.