Chapter Thirteen ✓

WOUNDS

WOUNDS

AVA PAIGE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE LARGE GLASS WINDOW, HER BLUE EYES LOOKING OUT TOWARDS THE CITY. She wondered if Thomas and Scarlett were okay. She wondered if they were safe from the madness. If anything were to happen to those kids she doesn't know how she would take it. Those kids have been there since day one, as she was always there for them. Ava turned. Thomas and Scarlett walking towards her, a gun in Thomas's hand. Ava wished that they remembered. She would give anything for them to remember her again. To remember how much they loved and cared for her. 

Instead the two kids were mad, angry, sad, all the above. Thomas pointed the gun right at her skull, and Ava was standing there not saying a single word. Thomas's hand shook. Scarlett stood beside him. "Is it true?" He asked, his voice shaky. "Newt. Could I have saved him?"

Scarlett frowned, licking her lips and glaring at the blonde women. 

"You can save us all." Ava said. Just then, he lowered the gun, and the weapon dropping on the floor, Thomas was in tears. Ava walked closer wanting to embrace him in a hug. "It's okay..." 

The women felt like she could cry as well. She hated seeing them in so much pain. She hated it. "Just leave the others alone," Thomas said. 

"I promise." She whispered. Ava stepped closer before she could mumble something else to him a gun shot went off. Blood formed on Ava's back, and she dropped to the ground and Scarlett gasped, looking at her. Thomas stumbled backwards, and Janson's gun had smoke coming off the tip of it. He will never stop until he kills them. He'll kill anybody to get what he wants. "How could you..." Scarlett angrily said, balling her fists. 

"How..."

Janson walked closer to Thomas and Scarlett, his gun aiming at the boys chest. He then moved it over to Scarlett, and back at Thomas. 

Thomas swallowed a lump in his throat, and Janson taunted him by thinking he was going to shoot him. Scarlett glared and Thomas placed a hand in front of her. He then shot at the girl first, and her mind went blank and her eyes closed slightly. She dropped to the ground reaching for the gun but it was kicked aside by Janson.  She felt her eyes roll to the back of her head and she blacked out.

-

Thomas was laying in a chair, and Teresa was hovering over him taking his blood. He looked down at his arm. Scarlett was laying down in the corner still sleeping, still blacked out. 

"Where is she?" Thomas asked, freaking out.

"Where the hell is she?!"

Thomas's waist was tied down, but he tried so hard to get out of the chair. Nothing was working. 

"Why don't you just kill me?" Thomas asked.

"Kill you? No, we don't want to do that."

Scarlett's eyes started to open, her vision was still blurry but she could make out Teresa's figure. She saw Thomas tied down in the chair, Janson walking over to him. Her head was throbbing, her eyes felt glassy. What the hell did he give me? She thought.  

"We're gonna keep special care of you. Keep you alive-" Thomas shot up and tried attacking him, and he was pinned back down by the ropes. 

"Just in return, you'll give lives to the rest of us. Ones we chose to save, anyways. Of course there's not gonna be enough for everyone." 

Thomas was pissed. First they hurt Scarlett, now they're going to drain him of his blood. 

"Thanks to you, to this... we finally get to chose a future of our own making." Janson was suddenly attacked by Teresa, a glass jar smacking across his head, the brunette un-tying Thomas from the chair, first grabbing the serum.  

"Okay, lets get out of here." Teresa said.

"Teresa..." Scarlett mumbled. "Don't worry, I got you," the brunette said to the strawberry blonde. Just as Teresa was about to untie Thomas, Janson woke up and stood behind her, blood pouring out of his head. Scarlett stood up, stumbling over a table as she tried to walk. 

Janson grabbed Teresa and threw her across the room, the girl flying onto a table and her body sliding across the floor. She landed over to Scarlett and Teresa reached for the serum. 

"Teresa!" Scarlett yelled. Her vision was still blurry but not as bad as it was a few moments ago.

"Give it to me!" Janson yelled, grabbing Teresa by the legs. Janson slammed Teresa's head on the metal table, her body falling to the ground, with glass in her hair. Scarlett's eyes widened and ran over to Janson kicking him in the gut, her knee aiming for his private area. 

Janson groaned and Thomas tackled him.

Scarlett ran over to the girl and tried shaking her awake. "Teresa..." she whispered, "Terry! Terry, wake the hell up!" When Teresa finally woke up her eyes met Scarlett's, and Scarlett helped her stand. The girls wobbly walked to the hall where Janson was with Thomas. 

Janson had a gun pointed at the boy who was useless and didn't have any weapons to defend himself. "Scarlett, stay there," Thomas said.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, Janson smiled. Suddenly, more glass broke and the building shook, making them all fall to the ground. Teresa began running and Thomas followed with her along with Scarlett. 

"Scarlett!" The next thing she knew a gun shot sounded in the air, Thomas dragging both of the girls to the ground. 

The three of them ended up in a room, a room where they stored the cranks. "We need to get out of here," Teresa said. "No shit, Sherlock. Any ideas?" Scarlett asked. Thomas was quiet. 

Too quiet.

"What's wrong? Thomas..." Scarlett asked.

Thomas turned slowly, his hand placed on his stomach, and blood pouring from the wound.

He was shot. "No... Thomas..."