Chapter Thirteen ✓

RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME

THE NEXT MORNING SCARLETT FOUND HERSELF WORKING WITH FRYPAN. It wasn't much of a hassle to wake her up in the morning, which Newt found it odd. Scarlett only wanted to make sure that she she was early to cook with Frypan today. Which made Frypan extra happy.

Since she was now officially a Glader, Scarlett wanted to make a good appearance to them.

Even though she loves her sleep, like a  ot, she didn't want to make Frypan mad. Frypan was her friend, and Frypan already thought of her as a good friend. Scarlett was smiling as she was cooking. Frypan was making the eggs while she was cooking the bacon. Even though she still had a job of being a Runner in her mind, she could get used to this one. She was good at it, and that's all that mattered. Even though being a runner was her passion, it will never happen.

"What's going on with you and Newt?" Frypan asked, clearly curious about their relationship.

Scarlett smiled a little. "Nothing, Fry."

"You can tell me anything, Greenie. You know that." "I do know that, thanks. But nothing is going on between us." Frypan scoffed, which made her look at him. "I can see the way he looks at you. I'm not stupid, Greenie. And I see the way you look at him. You two clearly like each other." Smiling and looking down, she licked her lips and continued frying the bacon in the pan.

"That doesn't mean anything." "Yeah, sure, it doesn't." He grinned. Scarlett pushed him aside playfully and they both laughed. When breakfast was done, Scarlett and Frypan gathered all of the food and took it to the dining area outside.

When they walked outside, most of the Gladers were already waiting in the line up. She spotted Newt in the line and Minho standing right behind him. She didn't know what it was about Minho, but something about him made her nervous. Not in a bad way, but in a good way.

She couldn't get caught up with liking someone else. Her eyes widened, she looked down. She couldn't believe she just thought about that.

Licking her lips, her and Frypan began to hand out the food. Newt was standing in front of them with a smile on his face, and Scarlett was going to smile until she met eyes with Minho again. He grinned at her and she looked down.

"You alright there, Greenie?" Newt asked. She nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine." She sent him a smile.

Newt smiled and walked away with his food. When it was Minho's turn, she shakingly gave his food to him. "Thanks, Greenie." He grabbed a fork and headed off to a table. Scarlett watched him leave. Frypan looked at her. She noticed him looking and she shrugged it off.