Chapter Two ✓

HOME

SCARLETT IMPATIENTLY WAITED FOR NEWT TO GET THE DOORS OPEN FOR THE TRAIN. Tapping her foot nervously on the ground, she folded her arms and waited. Waited to embrace Minho in a tight hug. Waiting for the moment to see her best friends face again, and the cheeky smile he always seems to have even in the darkest of times.

Waiting to see that big goofy smile of his she loves so much. "Newt, can you move any faster? Jeez," Scarlett said with a loud sigh. Harriet chuckled behind her. "Don't bloody rush me, Scarlett." She rolled her eyes.

When the door finally opened, Scarlett was the first person to step up into the crate, followed by Thomas, Newt, then Harriet who was waiting to be reunited with Sonya. Scarlett saw Aris and Sonya, loads of kids she didn't know or even recognized. They were all worth saving. Scarlett walked past Thomas and looked for Minho.

"Minho," She said. Once she thought she had found him she smiled. She was about to embrace him in a hug, only realizing that it wasn't him, just a kid with a few similarities.

She groaned and turned to face Thomas.

"You've got to be freakin' kidding me."

"It's okay, you guys are safe. Just hang on," Thomas told everybody. Thomas looked at Scarlett and she shook her head. "He's not here," she whispered, frowning. Thomas walked over to her and embraced her in a hug.

"He's not here..."

-

After getting all of the kids out of the train, Scarlett found Thomas leaning against the wall listening to Vince talk to the kids and teenagers, the survivors. Scarlett walked over to him and placed a hand on his bicep, her palm rubbing against it. "Hey, you okay?" Thomas asked her. Scarlett sighed, leaning into his body, feeling the warmth from his touch.

Everyone was used to their love and affection by now, that included Newt and Brenda.

Newt's feelings will never go away for her, they will always be stuck in his heart forever.

Scarlett and Thomas have history, something that Newt and her didn't have at first but it feels like Newt has known the girl forever. "I will be. Once we get Min back." She answered honestly.

"I know, I know. Hey, and we will," he said, placing his hands on her cheeks. "I know." Scarlett stood up on her tip-toes and kissed him, something that they haven't been able to do a lot of lately. The kiss only lasted for a minute or so, like usual. Vince started talking. Scarlett kissed him once more and pulled back.

"I'm gonna go see Aris and Sonya," she said. Thomas nodded.

"Okay, go see them. I'll be there in a minute."

Scarlett let go of his hand and she walked away, heading to where her friends would be.

The friends who made her feel at home and safe. Until everything went to hell. Scarlett walked in where Aris, Sonya, and Harriet were, a small smile forming on her face. "Hey, guys," she said. "Hey, Scar," Aris said. His face was all bruised, cuts and blood stains on them.

"Here, let me get something." Scarlett got a few supplies which consisted of a old rag, hot water, and soap to clean his wounds. She went to go sit where Sonya was and handed her the rag, Sonya gratefully taking it from her.