Chapter Nineteen ✓

THOMAS KILLED A GRIEVER

SCARLETT STAYED WITH JEFF AND THE NEW GIRL, WHO LOOKED ODDLY FAMILIAR TO HER. How did they remember each others name? How did Thomas know her name when he came up in the Box? What's going on here?

She still can't figure out who that blond women is in her dreams. She sat down next to the girl and furrowed her eye- brows. Suddenly, she got a flashback. 

"Everything is going to change." A voice said in her mind, just like when she first got here.

The same girl was hovering over her body while she was laying on a metal bed. "Oh, my god," she whispered, running her hands through her hair.

"Teresa?" "Did you say something?" Jeff asked Scarlett. Scarlett shook her head. "No." "Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asked. He walked in the room with Minho and Thomas. Scarlett stood up. "Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff answered. Newt, Thomas, and Minho all stood together.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt asked Thomas.

Thomas shook his head, "No." "Really? Cause she seemed to recognize you both." Scarlett pursed her lips. "What about the note?" She asked. Newt turned to look at her. "We'll worry about the note later." "I think you should worry about it now." Thomas said. "We've got enough to deal with." "He's right, Newt," Jeff said.

Scarlett looked at him. "The Box isn't coming back up. How long do you think we can last?" Scarlett frowned, looking down at the brunette who was sleeping.

"No one said that," Newt said, "Let's not jump to any conclusions, let's just... we'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows."

"Somebody's gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay," Thomas said. Scarlett furrowed her eyebrows as he walked out of the Med-Jack room.

"Where are you going?" Minho asked.

Scarlett gave the brunette one last glance and she followed after Thomas. "Thomas," Scarlett said.

"Back into the Maze." He answered. Her eyes widened. "Hey," Minho called. Him and Scarlett shared a look. "Hey, Thomas. What is this with you? A death wish? You just got out and now you want back in?"

"Newt said that no one has ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it, right? Minho, now we have one. You're telling me that you're not even a little curious?" Minho shook his head. "Not really, no. So, what's the plan? You're gonna go out and dissect that thing all by yourself?"