How It All Started

"Now, what is it you want to talk about?"

Orion leaned back in his chair. He sat at the head of the large dining hall table, with Cancer and Capricorn on either side of him. They'd just finished eating.

"Well, we were hoping you can tell us about the how Mr. Sky became the teacher of Zodiacs. We've been a little...suspicious about him." Capricorn explained.

"Suspicious? That's interesting... Well, it's not a problem at all! I'll tell you everything. But we have to go back to how it all started..." Orion chuckled.

"You see, centuries ago, I was once ambushed by many evil beings. Even though I managed to defeat all of them, they did quite a lot of damage on me, and I ended up falling into a coma." Orion explained.

Cancer and Capricorn listened intently.

"After I woke up, I was told it was a miracle that I had survived and that there was little to no hope for me waking up at all. But I am sitting here, alive, and I have Cetus Sky to thank for that." Orion smiled.

"So his name is Cetus..." Capricorn thought.

"Then how did he end up becoming the teacher of the Zodiacs?!" Cancer cried impatiently. She was definitely into the story.

"Patience, sweetheart. I'm getting there." Orion cleared his throat. "The night I woke up, I saw Cetus leaning over me, but he wasn't alone. Ophiuchus was also there leaning over me. Him and Cetus glared at each other, and I noticed Ophiuchus had a syringe in his hand. Cetus informed me then and there that Ophiuchus was planning to inject me with a deadly substance, and before I could have time to react, the royal guards barged in and took him away to the dungeon."

"So were you and Ophiuchus actually close to one another before all of this occurred?" Capricorn question.

Orion nodded in response. "Yes, the generations of Ophiuchus were always loyal to the kingdom, but it all changed after that night I woke up. When the guards took him away, Cetus explained to me that Ophiuchus has always strived for the throne of Las Estrellas and how he was always suspicious of him. I didn't want to believe it, but when I went to go talk to Ophiuchus down in the dungeon, he seemed so...wicked. Eventually, he managed to escape and over time, he grew powerful. He created his Vortex army and attacked the Las Estrellas kingdom, which led to the Zodiacs getting involved. He was close to defeating us because we were not so prepared, but we pulled through and won the battle." Orion sighed in relief at the thought of the memory.

"Like Ophiuchus, the Zodiacs always served the kingdom of Las Estrellas and guarded it with their lives. But no one ever expected a battle so big. After that, Cetus suggested that each generation of Zodiacs should train to become more powerful in case an attack like that were to ever happen again. I trusted his suggestion and assigned him trainer of the Zodiacs. It was amazing how much stronger the Zodiacs got over the decades! I was impressed. By the time the next generation came, shadowmen would attack the kingdom once again and the whole thing would lead to the second battle between the Zodiacs and Ophiuchus. Forward to the third battle 100 years later, we found that Ophiuchus had a new plan to takeover Earth, which is why we now send the Zodiacs down to protect the planet."

"Wow..." Cancer said in awe.

"Orion, how...did you meet Cetus in the first place?" Capricorn asked.