Only just begun

"Kill the spare

     "Kill the spare."  A deep voice commanded from the bundle the sniveling man was holding. He pointed his wand at me.

"Protego Maxima!" I screamed holding my wand up as the the green light comes towards me. It hit my shield charm shattering it then it hit my wand. The old wand splintered into a thousand pieces and a pain went through my arm knocking me on the ground. Swallowing me in blackness.

"Cedric." Harry screamed at me pulling me out of the dark. He looked at a man in the dirty robes and screamed the most basic of spells. The spells collided and I watched in awe as the young boy battled with the adult. As the spells hit each other spirits came out of the sparks. They spoke to Harry and he put one last push behind his spell knocking the man down.

"Cedric grab Harry go." The female spirit yelled. I grabbed his hand and then the port key, we landed with a thud on the ground in front of Dumbledore.

"Voldemort is back ." Harry whispered as the older professor leaned down to us.

I sat straight up in the bed covered in sweat. After scrubbing my face with my hands I got out of bed and crept out the room as to not wake up the twins. There was faint sounds from downstairs. Hermione was sitting in a chair by the kitchen reading. She must have heard the stairs creak because she looked up and me and pointed her wand at the kitchen.

"There's fresh coffee." She said as she went back to her book. The last few days she's been more engrossed in her books then normal. Most of our interactions are short and to the point. I went and made myself a cup and sat at the counter listening to Mrs.Weasley fret over all the last minute details of the wedding. The back door open and Sirius walked in looking tired.

"Night patrol again?" I asked as I handed him a cup of overly sweetened black coffee.He nodded and took a large sip.

"Nightmares again Cedric?" He asked me, I nodded and traced the white scars on my arm with my fingers. The one the blocked spell left me with.

" Mostly memories." I answer with a sigh while I add more cream to my coffee." I think I was suppose to die in that grave yard. "

"Perhaps. " He wasn't really known for being comforting. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What he means is, perhaps you were meant to but you didn't." Remus said as he came into the kitchen to make himself a hot chocolate. "Just think about all the good you've done since then."

It had been a little over two years since the night Voldemort returned.I stood by Harry side when he announced Voldemort return. My father disowned me.I stood up against Umbridge and the Ministry causing Cho to leave me. It has been fairly lonely being Harry's friend.

"Merlin knows what trouble Harry would have got himself into without your guidance." Hermione said when she entered the kitchen.She grabbed a piece of fruit from the bowl next to me. I hadn't notice her coming into the kitchen. Taking the seat across the counter from me she used her wand to peel and cut the satsuma. She offered me half and I took it from her delicate hand.

" Yeah, I leave the lot of you on your own and Harry cuts open the Malfoy kid and starts taking advice from a book." I said before I eat one of the wedges.She lets out a small chuckle.The two adults had left the room whispering to each other while staring at us.

"I think Harry would have ran into the ministry that night if you hadn't stopped him." She whispered not looking up from her pieces. She took a bite and some juice ran down her chin. Before I noticed what I was doing I had reached out and cleaned the juice of with my thumb.Her skin turned warm and scarlet as I sucked the juice off my thumb.

"Probably would have charged straight into the trap they set. Still hard to believe Lucius Malfoy would have attack children. Of course if the ministry hadn't caught him then maybe his son wouldn't have done what he did." I answered quickly trying to distract her from my previous actions. I raised my eyebrows in amusement as George came down the stairs .

"Come take a walk with me?" I offered to her, she nodded and hopped off her seat.

"Don't rush out on my account." The holey twin said as he made himself a cup of coffee.

"No worries mate, just enjoying some calm before the wedding."  I said as we left though the back door into the yard.