I wanna hold your hand

We order some coffee and sat for a few minutes

"I'm going to get us all a hotel room to hide out for a couple days till everything calms down." I explain as Hermione lets me up from the booth and sat back down with boys. " Stay here, stay out of trouble. I'll be right back." They all nodded and I went to walk out of the small restaurant. Before I open the the door I felt a tug on my wrist and turned around. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you for getting us out. Please be careful, they're after you to you know?" Her voice was full of concern and it warmed me. I gave her a small hug back.

"I know. I'll be right back, we need to stay off the streets. Take care of the boys okay?" I quickly assure her and she smiled at me then went back to her friends.

Muggle London was loud and kept going as though the whole wizarding world hadn't just collapsed. I found a muggle hotel that looked clean enough for a couple nights. After exchanging the paper money they use and giving them a transfigured ID they gave me a couple keys and I went back to the restaurant.

"Ron do you really need to eat like that." I said as I sat next to her. I handed the boys one of the keys. " It's just a couple nights. I think after that we can go back to headquarters." We got up and we walked to the hotel.

" How do you know how to do all these muggle things?" She asked me as she sat down in one of the beds, the boys sat on the other.

" I took a gap year last year and I think the term is backpacked. Listening to you and Harry talk about Muggle things got me interested." I explained, she smiled a little then yawned.

"So you spent the last few months just traveling around like a muggle?" Harry asked as he kicked his shoes off. "Must of been a bit of shock."

"A little, I would of preferred going around on a broom and muggle money is complicated but it was fun." I heard Ron snickering as he kicked off his shoes sending them in different parts of the room and same with his socks. Hermione sighed and took hers off and put them right near the bed she was at.

"I think that's great Cedric,Harry and I would be very happy to answer any questions you might still have." She ignored Ron as she got up and put her jacket on one of the chairs and picked up Rons socks and shoes and put them by his side of the bed as she walked into the bathroom.

"I feel like this day has lasted forever. " Harry said as he stretched his legs in front of him. He found the remote and turned the tv on.

"Everything okay Ron?" I ask the youngest male Weasley who had been quiet for awhile.

"Oh I'm fine, we're just going on and on praising Diggory for doing nothing, meanwhile my family is in danger and my home burnt down. "Ron ranted glaring at me the whole time.

"Don't be a prat Ron, the order will take care of your family. I'm sorry about your home but I'm sure it will be rebuilt in no time.l" Hermione growled as she came out of the bathroom looking a little upset.

"We're all tired, I think we should take shifts sleeping. We're most likely safe but I would feel better if someone stayed up to keep an eye out. " I suggested as I pulled out a chair and put in between the two beds to face the door.

"You offering to take first watch pretty boy?" Ron attitude was starting to annoy me but he has a lot on his mind.

"That was my plan, now try to get some sleep." I said plainly as Harry agreed to take the next shift and laid down. Ron mumbled something to himself and turned on his side next to Harry. Hermione was on the other bed by herself. She turned on her side to face me. I turned off the light but left the tv on and had it muted. It gave the room a soft glow of different colors.

"Thank you again Cedric." She whispered after boys started snoring. She reached her hand out for mine. I grabbed it and gave her a reassuring squeeze. When I went to let go of it she held on.

"No problem, have to keep Harry safe don't we?" I answered looking at her adorable sleepy face. When did I start thinking of her as adorable.

"Do you think they're after us? " She is looked a little scared.She's all alone in world so I imagine she pretty terrified.

"I think one can never be to safe." She still hadn't let go of my hand. It shook a little. I've never seen her look scared. She's always been so brave.So sure of everything.

"Hermione, I'm going to do everything I can to keep you safe." I squeezed her hand again. She smiled softly and yawned again.

"Just me?" Her voice was so quiet I had lean a little closer to hear her. For some reason I felt myself blush from her question.

"You. Harry.And even Ronny kins over there." Borrowing the twins nick name in order to make her laugh. It worked because she smile again.

"Goodnight Cedric." She whispered closing her eyes but she still didn't let go of my hand. Once her breath evened out and she was asleep I tucked her hand into the covers with her. When she's asleep she looks so care free and young like she should be. She's been though to much for such a young age.The three of them slept while I watched the door. And listen for sounds. She tossed and turned most of the evening. I waited till five and gentle woke Harry up. He got up and made some stale hotel coffee as I laid down on my back next to Ron.

"We're wanted aren't we." Harry asked me before I fell asleep.

"Pretty sure were in their top ten, along with your godfather and the other order members." I put my arms behind my head."Don't let me sleep to much okay?"

"No problem mate." He began to stare at the tv and I closed my eyes. Images of a sweet smile from the little bookworm kept popping up as I gave myself over to sleep.