Blue eyes crying in the rain

"Hermione thinks she knows where a horocrux is

"Hermione thinks she knows where a horocrux is. I don't think we can get it without you." Harry explains as he sat in one of the chairs. I took a seat on the bed and rubbed my hand though my hair for a minute.

" Yeah, I think you can." He looked disappointed. " You three have been together since the beginning, for some reason Ron has an extreme issue with me. Harry you do better when you have your friends. If I was there there would be more fighting then actual work."

" I don't know what his problem is, but I'll talk to him.Despite what he thinks, we need your leadership."  He looked less a seventeen year old wizard and more like the lost fourteen year old boy I met all those years ago.

"You were born to be a leader. You need to lead now. I'll always be there if you need a hand but for now you have to stand on your on two feet."  I went and open the door. "I'm going to leave for awhile, try to stay out of trouble while I'm gone."

"Are you sure I can't change your mind." Harry asked looking dejected as he left the room.

"I'm sure. Don't worry I have faith in you." I closed the door and checked that I had enough supplies. Maybe I should bring her with me, those boys are going to get her hurt. She's not going to leave Harry. I don't want to either but I'm not going to cause strife between old friends.  I shook my head and started writing her a letter. 

Hermione,

I apologize for leaving without saying goodbye. If anyone could convince me to stay it would be you. Maybe now you three can focus on your task. If you find yourself in need of my assistance I'll be in the Forrest of Dean for a couple weeks.

Be safe,

Cedric

I slid the note under her door and left before everyone woke up. Unfortunately Sirius was walking up the stairs as I left.

"Sneaking off like a thief in the night?"  He said as he stood in front of me not letting me pass.

"Sirius I just need to clear my head, I'll be back in a couple weeks. " I explained adjusting the satchel on my shoulder.

"My godson needs your guidance. The order needs your skills. Now don't let a little teenage love triangle get in way of protecting people." He step aside to let me pass. A love triangle? He couldn't mean Hermione,Ron and me.

"I don't know what you're talking about ." I said as I push past him. He snorted after I said that and put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're an adult you make your own decisions. Maybe you do need a few days off, we all due. We've been going non stop since Harry's birthday." He finally relented and let me pass.

" True.Tell everyone goodbye for me." I ask adjusting the bag on my shoulder

"I'll let them know you're scouting for places for a new base or something like that. Don't want to get Moody even more mad." Sirius said as he walked me down the stairs.

"I heard that Black." Moodys voice came from the kitchen.I dropped my head in defeat.

"So our champion is running off?" The old man loudly made his way to us.

"I'm no ones champion, that's Harry. I have my coin, I just need a break." His eye moving wildly as he thinks about what I've said.

"You underestimate how much people look up to you.Keep your coin on you and don't let your guard down." The mad old Auror turned and left.

"I'm starting to think he has a soft spot for Hufflepuffs."Sirius said as he walked up to the door and opened it before he closed it he said one last thing.

"She looks at you the same way Lily looked at James." The door closed and the the building disappeared from view.