Go your own way

The bed moved slightly waking me from my sleep

"You're not sleeping there." I heard Ron growl as he stomped across the room. She gasped when I heard his hand grab her arm."Get in the other bed." The prat bossed her around but she submitted to him. I heard the bed that Harry was in squeak as she got into it.

"What does it matter anyways?" She asked him as he continued to stomp around the room. I should let them know I'm up.

"It matters because, you're ." He was stammering. " It's just. Just leave pretty boy alone. He's only clinging to Harry because he's famous. "

So that's what he thought. I wasn't aware I was clinging to anyone. Part of me thought she'd defend me but she didn't. She just stay silent. Hearing him say that made me reevaluate what I was doing. I was about five seconds away from letting him have it, when my grandmothers words echoed in my head.

"Remember Cedric when you're about to rear back and breath fire that the dragon always loses." She would say when saw me getting upset. This made me try to be the knight but this ginger git is testing my patience.

"You should try being nicer." She finally said exhaustion lacing her voice. I was exhausted too, I'm taking them to Grimmauld place in the morning. These two days have felt like two weeks with Ron fighting me every step of the way. I let myself fall asleep again just so I could avoid the git.

After a few hours Harry woke me up and I checked us out. When we arrived at 12 Grimmauld place. I may have nearly thrown Ron into the dining room where some of the order was.

"You were suppose to keep them for another two days and you were spotted yesterday near Piccadilly Circus. " Kingsley said looking at me with slight disappointment.

"Yeah." I glared at Ron and he scurried upstairs like a scared rat.

"It's not his fault sir, Ron was worried about his family. Cedric felt it would be better to come here." Hermione spoke up as she came to stand by my side.

"So you're saying Ron was being a right prat?" Sirius said as he came into the dining room. He came up and gave Hermione a small squeeze. "Now where is undesirable number one?"

"Who?" Harry asked coming into the room and giving his godfather a big hug.

"The new ministry has declared you undesirable number one. Cedric you're number three so there's that." Remus said from the table next to Tonks.

"You're looking at number two." Sirius beamed proudly. I shook my head and smiled. Despite all the time he spent in Azkaban he was still a jokester.

" Great. Can someone go tell Ron about his family.He has been worried, it's not letting him think clearly." I say turning to go upstairs and have a few moments to myself when Hermione blocked my way.

"I'm sorry for what he said this morning. You know that Harry doesn't think that. He considers you a friend." She whispered looking at the ground. How did she know I was awake. I just nodded and bit my lip.

"What about you, what do you think. I notice you stayed quiet?" I used my hand to bring her face up to look at me.

"I think you're probably the most genuine friend he has at the moment." Once her eyes found mine her face became bright red and I could feel her pulse quicken under my hand.

"No my dear I think that honor will always be yours." I smiled at her and let go of her. It was precious how easily she blushed. Making it into a room I closed the door and locked it. Just a few minutes of silence was what I needed. My emotions and thoughts have been all over the place.

After an hour or so I felt calmer, more in control of myself. A knock on the door brought me back to the present. I opened the door to Harry.

"Can we talk?" He asked as he looks around to make sure no one was watching.

"Come in." After he enters I watch him put a spell around the room.