You and me

Author Notes:  J.K Rowling owns all copyrighted characters.

"Where are they running off to?" Harry asked when I joined the group again

"They went to the chamber of secrets." He shrugged like that made sense and continued to listen to the adults.

"No use hiding now, Snape has defected. The dark lord is here along with his follows." Kingsley's said in a grim voice.We followed him to the great hall.

"Oi Mate." Oliver yelled and jogged towards me. We shared a half hug and he looked around at all the old members of the Dumbledore army and the Order. When members of the ministry showed us when I understood this was the final battle. "Are you ready for this?"

"Are any of us? Go find Professor Sprout and round up the best flyers." He nodded his head took off. I watched Professor McGonagall charm all the suits of armor as Professor Flitwick started putting up every shield charm I had ever heard.

"Cedric dear, a Mister Wood said you wanted to speak to me." Professor Sprout said as she gave me a warm hug.

"How much venomous tentacula do you have?" I ask keeping my eye on the door.

"Quite a bit. Why?" She looked like the gears where starting to turn in her head.

"Take Longbottom and get it, get the devil snare and mandrake roots out to." She nodded furiously and left grabbing the herbology student.

"Harry they're not back yet, where would they go?" I grabbed his shoulder roughly.

"Have you see my sister?" George asked right after me. He sounded as frustrated with his lost Weasley as I was with mine.

"Ginny was in the room of requirement with Luna." He said quickly.

"Ugh why is she never where I need her to be?" He stormed off towards the room. Helena words echoed in my head.

"Harry I know where the Diadem is." We chased after George when we ran into Ron and Hermione. I grabbed her hand and dragged her with us.

"Cedric slow down." She complained but kept holding my hand with a smile.We entered the room and Ginny was arguing with her mother about staying.

"I'm staying with Harry." She argued. He looked at me and I shook my head. She was a capable witch but I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to her.

"No Ginny. Please. Take the younger kids to safety. Keep them safe. Please." He hugged her tight and kissed the top of her head.

"Harry." She whined so I joined them.

"Ginny, please. We need someone we can trust to protect the first years. Take Colin with you. The younger kids trust you. You've protected them all year. Please continue to do so for a couple more hours." I pleaded with her and she nodded. We all left the room, when Ron started walking towards the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked him, he spun around and smiled.

"I'm going to warn the House elves to get to safety." He ran off and she smiled at him.

"He's really changed this year." She said as she dragged me to the great hall to finish planning. The diadem can wait a few more minutes.The Slytherin students were now in the great hall as well. They looked confused and scared.  Poor children can't help who their parents are.

A couple of my old housemates came up to me and I instructed them to lay devil snare in all the borders we couldn't cover. When I glance over to Hermione, she is showing Mrs.Weasley her arm. The older woman pulls her into a big hug and  kisses her head. I walk to them and she had a few tears in the corner of her eyes.

"Take care of her Ceddy." Mrs.Weasley kisses my cheek and joins her family. I smiled and nod as I pull her into hug.

"You say the word princess and I'll take us away from this." I kiss the top of her head before I bury my head in her curls with my eyes closed.

"You know we can't do that, Where's your loyalty my sweet hufflepuff." She called me hers, she's making fun of me but still.

"I'm loyal to you." I mumble pulling her closer to me. Just a few moments is all I want. Where the world isn't about to explode.Where I'm just a bloke with his girl. She holds me tight and takes a deep breath.

"Let's go get Harry." And just like that I'm back in this forming hellscape. With a fake smile and slow nod I follow her.