Iris

Author note:J.K Rowling owns all copyrighted characters.

 Draco cracked his neck and summoned a wall of bluebell flames in a circle around us

Draco cracked his neck and summoned a wall of bluebell flames in a circle around us. He better be on our side, if he kills me I'm going to haunt his arse.

"Good Draco, what shall we do with the champion?" Bellatrix cackled and turns her back to him. His smirk on his face.

"I was thinking along the lines of sectumsempra." His wand movement quick and she dropped to the ground in her own blood.

"Draco." She gasped choking on the blood in her mouth. He stalked towards and crouched down.

"You showed me something Auntie." I watched as he dipped his fingers in her blood then smeared it on her face. "This is the same color Hermione  left in our ballroom.She's smarter then me, more talented then father,braver then the dark lord. And I think Mr.Diggory here would agree prettier then you."

"Why?" She coughed up blood spraying his face with a red mist. He cocked his head and smiled wickedly.

"As horrid as I've been to her for her entire life. She still saved me, she forgave me. Name one pure blood capable of that." He paused and looked at me, a myriad of emotions played across his face. " I kissed her auntie. I kissed her and I loved it. If it wasn't for this prat here I'd kiss her everyday. Perhaps make her a Malfoy. What do think of that Auntie dearest. Bringing a muggleborn into the great Black family line?" I felt a growl come out of me and wanted to curse him so bad.

"Blood traitor." She spat blood in his face and he wiped it off with another wicked smile.

"Draco we should get her help." I walked towards him and he pointed his wand at me to stay still.He shook his head and bent down closer to her ear.

"I know the spell to stop the bleeding.I'm not going to use it." He stood up and walked to my side.

"Draco I can't let you kill her." He put his arm across my chest when I took a step towards her.

"If she lives Hermione nightmares will never stop. She will spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder." He looked me in the eye and I pulled my lips in. We nodded in silent agreement, I would become a murderer to keep her safe.

Once Bellatrix body finally surrendered to death he lowered the wall of bluebell flames.

"I think I might love her." He said looking towards the ground where the quidditch pitch burned. A small yell was building in my throat. "But what do I know about love?"

"She's easy to fall in love with." I kicked the ground biting the inside of my cheek. He sniffled quietly and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"Take care of her." He looked towards the courtyard filled with battles. I grabbed his shoulder as he walked off.

"Find Luna tell her I sent you.She will keep you safe from the Gryffindors. Keep her safe from everyone else." As he nodded he looked over my shoulder.

"I'm going to guess the large swarm of dementors are probably heading towards Potter." He pointed to the dark mass.

"Shite, be careful mate." We parted ways with a silent pact to never mention what we just did. I ran across the ground towards the looming dark figures. The cold air making the sweat and blood freeze on my skin. I could see her otter patronus out but being defeated by the sheer mass of the demeantors.

"Expecto patronum." Harry voice yelled out and his impressive stag was able to push some back. They were still under the cloak so I couldn't see them but the swarm around them showed me where they were.

I took a deep breath and focus on every happy thing I could. When she kissed me at Christmas. How she always sneaks her hand into my hair and twirls a lock of it until she falls asleep. The excited look in her eye when she learns something new.The way her face looked when she said" I love you." I hadn't summon my patronus since we taught everyone it a few years ago. I say the spell and the silver light comes out my wand. The honey badger I was expecting was gone. In its place a large lion went barreling towards the dementors scattering them instantly.

"That's unexpected." I watched the lion chase them away the air becomes lighter.

"Cedric!" She yelled leaping into my arms which hurt so much it caused me to fall. "Oh Merlin, I'm sorry." She tried to get off me but I held her tight to me. Straddling my stomach she looked up and saw the silver lion now playfully chasing her otter.

"You beautiful idiot." I was still cross at her for leaving the cloak exposing herself to Bellatrix.