Good riddance

Author Notes: I've had a burst of creative focus and have manage to write something. Anyways J.K Rowling is still the rightful owner.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

She sat a little straighter and looked up at me with her brown eyes.After peppering my face with light kisses she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I was so worried." She said settling back into my arms I rested my head on top of hers.

"I was too luv.How long has he been under." I waved my hand towards Harry at pensieve .

"About twenty minutes." I lace my fingers with her and bring them to my lips.

"I'm taking you to my house after all this is over." She smiled and laughed softly. " I need a nap."

"You think there'll be an after?" She asks while lower her eyes to the ground.With my other hand I gently grab her chin and pressed my lips against hers.

"There has to be." I kiss her again as the door opened again.Ron walks in and makes a face. "We have some unfinished business."

"Not really the best time for snogging pretty boy." Ron said as he slide to ground next to us. She tried to retract herself but I hold her close.

"How is everyone?" Harry ask reappearing behind us.She reached up and took his hand. He looked down and gave a sad smile.

"Few injuries, some missing." Ron responded. "Luna is convinced Draco is on our side and is fighting along side him."

"He is with us." I defended him and Hermione gave me puzzled look. I mouthed later and she knitted her eyebrows and shrugged.

"Let's go downstairs and joined them, hour is almost up." I went to stand up but was still fairly weak.Harry came to my side and helped me stand.

"You two go ahead I'll help Cedric down." She looked at me and I nodded. Ron and her went downstairs. Once they left he slowly walked with me.

"You're going?" I whispered hoping I was wrong. He nodded slowly as we went down the stairs. I was still leaning against him. My strength had returned but he need the extra time.

"Promise me you'll take care of my sister." Marching towards his death and he was worrying about Hermione.

"Happily. You sure about this?" He paused and looked at me.

"How long have you two known?" He asked with a voice of defeat.I bite my lips and hung my head.

"We suspect a part of his soul might be in you for awhile.We just didn't talk about it.Talking about it would make it real." I put my hands in my pocket and lean against the wall.

"You have to let him kill me Cedric. You have to kill that damn snake. Then you two can end this."
His face contorted to try to contain a sob.

"I'll end it, I don't want her to have that on her hands.My soul is already darkened." He agreed with me and continued walking down the stairs.

"Yeah let her continue to be our light in the darkness." He laugh at his himself. "Sound stupid but she is. Make sure she's happy."

"I'll try. What about Ginny?" A sob escaped him making him pause and knees buckle a little. He took a deep breath and kept walking.

"Ginny is strong and she has her family. Hermione only has you and me.Now only you." We reached the room where everyone was. Sirius ran up and pulled Harry into a hug.Harry smiled and hug him back.

"Thank you Sirius." The young man patted his godfather shoulder. Sirius nodded then left to find Remus and Kingsley.

"If you're going to do this the time is now. Not to late to change your mind." He took a deep breath and put his hand out. I took it and shook his hand.

"Remember what you promised." He said looking at Hermione.I nodded my head.

"What did you promise?" She came to my side intertwining hand with mine.She looked at Harry and started shaking her head. " No, we'll go with you.Won't we Cedric?" I stare at the sky trying to find forbearance. Squeezing her hand I blinked away the tears.

"No Hermione. It has to be me, I won't let you get hurt anymore." She let go of my hand and flung herself into his arms.

"I'll go with you, you don't have to be alone." She was sobbing he looked at me, silently begging me to take her.

"Baby, come here." I pulled her to me and she began hitting my chest yelling at me to let her go.

"Hermione luv, he knows." I stroke her head as she begins sobbing in my arms.

"Tell everyone I love them." He asked and she took a deep breath and nodded. Tears streamed down her face as she turns from me and hugs him for the last time.

"This is stupid, we'll figure something else out." Her voice cracking from tears. He shook his head.

"Figure out how to stop him once he's vulnerable. And Hermione." He hugged her then let her go. "Don't ever change." I nodded at him as he pushed her back into my arms. Then he ran off before anyone could stop him.