Love is a battlefield

"We need to get to the whomping willow

"We need to get to the whomping willow." Harry said as we caught up with him.

"Take Hermione and use the cloak, I'll cover you two." She gripped my hand before joining him.As she disappeared under the cloak a sense of dread and panic filled me. With a audible swallow we headed towards the grounds. Harry holding onto my sleeve as we walked though the school. Suits of armors lead by ghost battling men in masks.

"Isn't that Percy?" Harry whispered as we passed by the court yard. He was with Fred. They had smiles on their face as they blocked and dodge hexes.

"I think that's minister Thicknesse he just hexed." I notice some fighting coming from behind the wall they were in front of. I panicked as I saw a red beam coming towards it. "Protego." A shied came up just as the wall collapsed around them. Since that night in the graveyard I've been mastering my shield charm.

"Thank Merlin." Harry said as we continued though the courtyard. There was a group of giants caught in the devil snare in our path. We were able to dodge them. Above us Oliver and other quidditch players were dropping snargaloff pods on the different people and creatures trying to get into the court yard.

"Cedric." She yelled as someone behind us send a hex towards me, I dodge to miss the beam of red light. With a new found focus I started using confundus charms and pertificus totalus. The need for stronger more violent hexes was needed but I just couldn't do it.She was right, if we lose sight of who we are, we lose what we're fighting for.

A stunning jinx hits my shoulder, I bite my lip to keep from crying out. When I look to see where it came from I'm greeted by a maniacal cackle.Hermione gasp loudly and I feel Harry pull her away.

"Cedric you left in the middle of our game." Bellatrix throws a few more stunning curses at me. "Now tell me where's my favorite little mudblood. We have some unfinished business."

"Haven't seen her." I shrug as I kept dodging her quick spells.Her laughter filled the courtyard and I could only hope Harry had got Hermione away from this lunatic.

"LIAR.Liar liar." She chanted advancing towards me sending off more aggressive hexes. "Come out little muddyblood. Come play with Bella." Red sparked spell shooting off wildly as she tried to find her.

"You're not going to find her." I tried to cast some disarming spells without any success. She stop and lowered her wand. Pulling out a knife, the one I threw back at her she smiled a wicked smile.

"Oh little boy, I will find her. First we're going to finish what we started." With a sudden flick of her wand she disappeared into the trail of black smoke and reappeared inches in front of me. With a quick movement she slashes at me cutting a thin line across my cheek.

"No." Hermione scream and ran out from the protection of Harry cloak.

"There She is. Coming to protect pretty boy." Damn foolish Gryffindor, I was keeping her safe.

"Fumos." I yelled causing a large screen of gray smoke to appear between her and Bellatrix. Hermione finds me and I put her behind me. As the smoke clears Bellatrix is cackling and trying to get to her.

"Look at this, true love. You can't protect her pretty boy." I kept slowly walking back towards where Harry was and the cloak. Praying that he was coming towards us. "Be a good boy and hand her over." I shook my head and Hermione clung to the back of my shirt shaking. Please Harry get her.

"Distract her." Harry voice whispered behind me. Thank Merlin. I send an arrow shooting spell at her causing her to spin and dodge them. Hermione hugged me tight and got back under the cloak. I took off running in the opposite direction of them.

"Bellatrix over here." I taunted a look of anger danced across her face as she realized Hermione was gone.

"When I get my hands on her I'm going to have such fun." I shook my head and transfigured some debris into birds that attacked her.

"Poor Ceddy boy, scared someone is going to take your precious mudblood?" A spell hit me and left a long slash across my arm. "Maybe I'll let Greyback play with her."

"You're fight is with me witch." I clench my jaw as another slash hit my leg.As long as she fighting me she can't hurt Hermione or Harry. "You wouldn't want to lose to a Hufflepuff would you?"

She screamed and charged at me. Before I realized it she had leapt on me lodging the knife in my shoulder. With guttural yell I flung her off me. Then slowly took the knife out throwing it on the ground.

"Let us go find your pet and see if she bleeds the same as you." She charged at me again but stop when she heard a voice.

"You already know she does Auntie." Draco as leaned against a pillar with his legs crossed over themselves.He stood there looking at his hands with a bored expression.

"Draco, good boy.Come help your Auntie." She walked towards him and he snuck a smirk my way.Glad I didn't kill him after all.