1000 times

The radio was reading off the latest causalities

The radio was reading off the latest causalities. Ron looked like he was about to climb into the bloody machine. Harry had the locket on and was on edge.

"Harry let's go check the wards before bed." I suggested and he nodded as he followed me outside.

"Thanks mate, can't stand listening to it anymore." It was my turn to nod.

"He's worried about his family, he's never been away from them. Even at school they were there. It's been a hard few weeks." I made an excuse for him. I'm worried about my mum and dad too.

"You all blame me." Harry whispered, I couldn't tell if it was out of sadness or anger.

"Not at all Harry. Hermione and I knew it was going to be hard. Honestly I wish Dumbledore left this task to the order and not just to you." I say as I scratch my head.Harry looked up and I could sense he was about to explode.

"But he knew what he was doing. Let's get back to camp and give Hermione the locket for her watch." That seemed to calm him down and we walked back to the campsite. Harry took off the locket and you could see the relief on his face immediately. She put it on and I felt guilty for letting her wear it.

"I wish you'd let me take your turn." I whispered to her while zipping up her jumper and wrapping my scarf around her. She stretched her neck and rolled her eyes.

"Cedric I'm just as capable as you. I'm not some princess in need of saving." She lowly growled at me with a glare.

"I know you're not." I say calmly trying to placate her.

"Then why do we argue about this every bloody day." She roughly pulled a knitted hat on and began to storm off.I grabbed her arm and spun her back to me.

"You're right, you're more then capable of taking care of yourself. I'm sorry." I apologized to her, by trying to protect her I was questioning her abilities.

"Thank you." Her face softened and she quietly left.

"Ron can we turn off the radio." Harry asked his friend.

"No." The fight was about to start and I didn't want to be involved. They began bickering with each other and I left. After a few minutes I found Hermione and joined her.

"You need to come back to the tent, they're starting up again." I sigh and she gives an exasperated groan.

She rolled her eyes and walked with me back to the tent. I open the tent flap for her and she entered first.

"And you sneaking off with him like some slag." Ron yelled at her. Harry punched him jaw.

"You don't talk to her like that. I have had enough of how you've been treating her." He roared pulling his fist back again. Ron reached for his wand as I grabbed Harry's arm to prevent him from hitting Ron again.

"Protego." She said putting up shield charm. Harry and Ron glared at each other.Ron had his wand pointed at Harry's neck. Tears rolled down her face but she kept the charm up.

"Fine! Have pretty boy help you." He stormed out of the tent and a loud crack of apparition followed. The charm collapsed when she fell to the floor. Harry got to her first and wrapped his arms around her.

"What happened?" I asked quietly afraid of the tension that still hung in the air.

"I'm not sure honestly. He started yelling then I started yelling. Everything just snowball out of control." He was still rubbing her back as she cried silently. I came around beside her and hugged her.

"He'll be back luv, he just needs to blow off some steam." Truthfully I hope he didn't. I don't like the way he treats her. I should have said something about it before. She just sat between Harry and I for almost an hour. She had stopped crying but hadn't said anything yet.

"I'm going to get some sleep." Harry finally whisper as he got up and went to his cot.

"Come on luv, let's get you warmed up." She didn't move or acknowledge so I picked her up and carried her to her cot. I laid her down and pulled a blanket over her.

"He left us." She finally whispered, I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and stroked her cheek.

"I know." She just stared at me a little longer.

"Harry blames himself." I nodded in agreement.

"He shouldn't, between the stress and the locket something was bound to give. Ron will be back luv." I take the locket off her neck and she relaxed a little.

"You don't think I'm a slag do you?" She whispered refusing to look at me.  I softly grabbed her chin and made her look at me.

"No luv, he doesn't either. He's just mad." I kissed the top of her head and smiled at her blush. I got up and let her sleep. They both tossed and turned not getting any real rest. When the sun came up I woke Harry up and went to get some sleep. My body had just relaxed when she woke me up by climbing into the cot with me again.

"You're not going to leave us?" I wrapped my arms around her shaking my head.

"Hermione let the guy sleep." Harry said in a amused tone. She went to leave and I held onto her tighter.

"Stay for a few minutes please. I'll feel better if I know you're safe." She nodded and snuggled into my chest. I did feel better and started falling asleep . She laughed softly and got up trying not to wake me up.

"What's going on with you two." Harry whispered the edge back in his voice.

"We sleep better with someone close by. You know I do, you spent half the summer making sure I went to sleep."

" I know it's just, he's Cedric." What was that suppose to mean?

"Harry." She said exasperated with him.

They both left the tent and I let myself fall asleep for a quick nap.