This Christmas

It was Christmas Eve and we made it to Godric Hallow

"Cedric do you know where my parents graves are?" Harry asked as we passed the memorial from the first war. My parents brought me here when I was a child. Thought I should know the history so that it wasn't repeated. Unfortunately no one else got the message.I pointed him in the direction.

"That symbol is in my book. It's written on the corner." Hermione was at an old grave. I came behind her and looked at it with her.

"Viktor and Xeno Lovegood were arguing about it. Lovegood had a necklace with it on it and Viktor told him it was a sign of an evil wizard." I say softly and she nods.

She studied the grave, noting the name Ignotauis Peverell.

"We should check on Harry then go find Bathlida." She took my hand and we found Harry kneeling at his parents grave. She conjured flowers for him.

"Thank you Mione." He put the flowers at their grave. "They were only a few years older then us." His fingers traced the dates.Hermione knelt next to him and held him.

"That day in the maze, They saved us. I am forever grateful to them." I knelt on the other side of him. He nodded and stood up brushing the snow off his legs. There was a hissing sound. They didn't seem to hear it.

"What's that?" Hermione whispered at the dark figure coming towards us. As it got closer we saw that it was a woman. She beckon is us to follow her.

"It looks like Bathilda but something's wrong." I held Harry back.

"She might have the sword we need to follow her." Harry yelled trying to get out of my grasp.Hermione grabbed his other shoulder.

"I don't have a good feeling about this Harry." She whispered looking at me. The dark figure beckon again and slowed down. She didn't move like I remember. When I came her as a kid she was this warm person who was very talkative and animated.

"Stupefy!" I yelled at the body and it collapsed to the ground. The loud hissing sound escaped from it and the large snake slithered out. Hermione tried to fire a spell at the snake but it missed and hit Harry's wand splitting it in two.

"It was a trap, Bathilda is gone along with the sword. We need to go now." Hermione yelled as she grabbed Harry and disparted back to our tent. Right before I raised my wand I saw the now familiar black smoke of death eaters. With a loud crack I disparted out of there.

"What happened?" Harry asked when I landed.

"Death eaters where arriving. We missed them. Now what Hermione?" I sat down on the log putting my head in my hand.

"Maybe talk to Mr.Lovegood about the symbol. I don't know." She sat beside me and leaned against my shoulder. "I'm sorry about your wand Harry."

"It's okay, I'm going to get some sleep.This locket is getting to be to much."He looked so exhausted as he headed into the tent.

"You too luv, go get some rest." I helped her up and tried to send her into the tent. She paused and stood in front of me. Her cheeks started turning bright pink.

"Cedric?" She whispered staring up at me.

"What is it?" I took another step closer to her. I let my hand find one of her curls and twisted it around my fingers.

"Happy Christmas." She raised up on her tip toes and put her arms around my neck. She quickly kissed my lips. Before she could run off I wrapped my arms around her waist.I kissed her back softly. She lowered her heels back down and but kept her arms around my neck.

"Happy Christmas luv." I kissed her forehead her skin still warm from her blushing. She smiled at me once more before removing her arms. As she went into the tent she looked back and smiled again.

My heart was still pounding in my chest as I walked around the area. My lips still tingling from her warm touch.I wonder if I effect her like she does me. Without a doubt she has given me the best Christmas present I have ever received.