Down to Earth

"Cedric

"Cedric." I hear her whisper waking me from a somewhere peaceful sleep. I'm starting to like her a little less every time she wakes me up. She then put her hand on my cheek her warmth made me realize how cold it was. I opened my eyes and she kept her hand on my face.

"What do you need luv?" My voice thick from sleep, she blushed a little. Okay maybe I like her a little more every time she wakes me up.

"I'm cold." She was shivering a little.

"I think I have a couple extra blankets in my bag." She took her hand off my face but kept staring at me.

"I'm can't sleep." She still hadn't broke eye contact with me. I remembered how she curled against Harry in the hotel that night. All the nights she left Ginnys room in the morning. She doesn't like being alone.I lifted my blanket and moved to the edge to make room for her.

"Okay. Come here." I whispered trying to kept myself calm. Her face lit up and she crawled into my arms and buried her head into my chest. I wrapped my blanket around us and tuck her head under my chin. Slightly surprised we both fit in the cot. She began crying softly into my chest so I held her tighter.

"Thank you. Bad dreams."She whispered her fingers twisting my shirt into her hands. I know she felt my heart beat quicken and probably felt my skin flaming red.

"No problem luv, now try to get some rest." I gently kissed her head and felt her skin warm up on my chest. I'm glad I affect her as much as she does me. She nodded and snuggled even closer to me. After a few minutes she fell asleep and I felt her whole body relax against me. A gentleman would remove himself and let her have the whole cot. I'm tired of being a gentlemen. So I wrapped my arms tighter around her enjoying her warmth. I was twirling a lock of her hair when Harry walked into the tent. He raised an eyebrow at us. Putting my fingers to my lips to make sure he stayed quiet.

"She was scared." I explained not wanting to leave her side.

"Hmm she does that sometimes, she's been having nightmares lately." Her breathing has stayed even and she hadn't stir in awhile."She's been sleeping with Ginny or me. Ron is mad she never turned to him." My worry for her made it impossible for me to be jealous of Harry.

"What are her nightmares about?" I ask quietly still trying not to wake her up.

"She won't tell us but they keep her up most of the night" He collapsed in a chair across from us. "We're in trouble now, aren't we?"

I nodded trying to keep quiet.

" They starting to gather up muggle borns, I think that's what has her worried" He took his glasses off and rubbed his face.

"I wouldn't let anyone take her." I whispered mostly to myself. He nodded in agreement.

"I wouldn't let anything happen to her either. I'm not as careless as you think." He sounded angry.

"I know that Harry, I know how much you care for her." His features relaxed a little but he still seemed like he was on edge.

"She's my sister, blood be damned she's my sister." He put his glasses back on. "I'll never let anyone hurt her." He glared over at Ron.I know he's remembering all the things the git has done to her."Is she really sleeping?"

"She fell asleep after crying a little bit." I whispered. He came over and moved a lock of her hair to check on her.

"I ask to much from her.Make sure she stays asleep and try to get some yourself. " He grabbed some fruit off the table and continued to watch over the camp. I took his advice and fell asleep with the beautiful girl in my arms.