|05| take me away

Odette's Pov

~4 Days Later~

I was walking out of my school's yard after an exhausting day in it ready to take the bus and go home.

"Odette!" I heard a familiar male voice yelling my name. Scared to admit to myself it was who I thought it was I slowly turned my head to check.

My Dad.

Shit. I whispered to myself and I immediately started running towards the bus stop. "Odette! Hold up!" He kept on yelling as I was sure he was running behind me. How the hell did he find me?

"Where you think you're going young lady?" I heard his voice too close to me and then a strong hand pulled me back and made me incapable of moving. My dad pulled me from my neck and I could see the anger in his eyes. "Let me go!" I said loudly before he shut my mouth with his palm. "You're coming with me." He said trying to pull me to his direction and probably to his car. "I'm not forced to do anything." I said trying to unlock myself from his arms. I've never seen him more determined and angrier.

"Hey!" Someone yelled right after a car's door got shut. I could see Shawn's car with the corner of my eye and I realised it was him. "Shawn!" I yelled his name as loud as I could. His footsteps got louder as he was running towards me and my dad.

"Hey let her go!" I've never heard Shawn yelling like this before. He angrily pushed my dad away from me and pulled me from my hand placing me behind him.

"That's my daughter and she's coming with me!" My dad looked furious. "If she doesn't want to follow you then you can't do anything about it!" Shawn tried to remain calm. I grabbed a part of his shirt in my palm and held it tight since I was too scared to even look at my dad. "And who are you to tell me what to do?" My dad yelled.

"Odette let's go." Shawn turned to me and gently pulled my hand so I would walk with him. "You aren't going any-" Shawn stopped my dad from touching me by pushing his chest away.

"If you don't wanna get into trouble get it your car and leave." He threatened my dad making sure I was safe behind him. As I saw my dad's hand ready to punch Shawn I yelled "Dad don't!" And then I tried to pull Shawn as we run to his car. Shawn helped me put my seatbelt on, looked at my teary eyes and speeded away.

I didn't realise I was crying till a tear dropped on my hand

I didn't realise I was crying till a tear dropped on my hand. I tried to wipe my tears away quickly before Shawn could notice. "Don't cry please." He said as he stopped the car for a moment after we got away from my dad. I didn't respond I just looked at him with teary eyes before I pulled him in a tight hug without even thinking about it. He smelled so nice and when he wrapped his arms around my waist I lost my shit.