|12| back to base

Shawn's Pov

We returned to Los Angeles yesterday and today we're going back to school.

I drove to Odette's house to pick her up and we headed to our school. She wasn't really talking to me so I decided to break the ice. "What's wrong Odette?" I asked her trying to find a place to park my car. "Nothing." She didn't even look at me. "You don't persuade me." I parked the car and turned to her making her eyes lock with mine.

"I'm just scared Shawn." She said in a soft tone making my heart melt. Her eyes were looking straight into mine, something I can't resist. "Why are you scared honey?" I touched her chin gently. "There's something I haven't told you yet. And it's about Maggie." I was surprised with her response. "What is it? Did she hurt you?" I asked. "I was in the bathrooms the other day and she walked in and started asking me stuff. She was so rude and then she told me she can end anyone she dislikes and I'm not one of her favorite people around here. Shawn she doesn't like me and what if she finds out about us? You broke up with her and two days later you kissed me. She will jump in conclusions and-" I had to stop her monologue by kissing her softly. She pulled back and looked at me. I placed both of my hands on her cheeks and looked into her eyes.

"You don't need to worry about any of this shit. I'm here to take care of everyone annoying you. If Maggie comes up to you again just tell me about it immediately and I'll take care of it." I assured her and then gently leaned on again and tasted her soft heavenly made lips.

I was lost in her kiss when a loud tap on my car's window scared both of us and made us break the kiss and look at the window.

Loren and Camila were standing there smiling like idiots and looking at us as if they were watching a movie or something. "Shit." I said looking at them. Odette giggled making me look back at her. Without thinking too much about it I leaned on and kissed her again in front of them. They gave us their applause seconds later.

"Guys stop. Seriously." I said opening my window. "You guys seriously said nothing about this?" My sister asked as I was getting out of the car. I ignored her question and run to open the door for Odette to get out of the car. She smiled at me and grabbed her back. I grabbed her hand and led her to Loren and Camila. "Here she is, ask her anything you want but I really have to go." I said in the nicest way possible and then turned to Odette. "See you later sweet." I kissed her and walked in a fast pace towards the building.

Odette's Pov

Shawn kissed me quickly and run into school leaving me alone with the girls before I could say a word.

I slowly turned to look at their faces and swallowed hard. "So-" I got interrupted by Loren "Talk!" I giggled and begun to explain everything to them while we were walking towards school.

We reached our lockers when I was finally done telling the story with Shawn. I turned to look at Camila since she was the one I expected to be bothered from this. She was quiet. "Camz? Do you feel comfortable with this?" I asked her fearing her response. "Well.." my heart was racing. "Of course I am Odette! I'm so happy for you and Shawn!" She smiled widely and then hugged me tight. I exhaled in sign of relief.

~After School~

"Sweet wanna come over my place? My 'Rents are out of town." Shawn smirked at me while we were walking towards his car. "Sure." I giggled.

"Shawn!" I heard a female voice yelling Shawn's name. Before I realised it a black haired girl was walking up to us. Maggie. I turned to Shawn and gave him a scared look. He made a step ahead of me trying to make me feel safe.

"Shawn I need to talk to you!" She stated as she came closer. "I don't have time Maggie I gotta go home." Shawn tried to avoid her. "Shawn its impo- what is she doing here with you?" She asked when she looked at me. Oh shit. I thought to myself. "That's none of your business Maggie. Leave me alone." Shawn tried start walking away but Maggie's hang found his arm. "Shawn you can't just walk away from me I'm your girlfriend!" She yelled. "No you're not! What the hell are you talking about? I broke up with you I made it very clear last week. We're over!" Shawn said loudly. "But Shawn I still-" he stopped her. "There's no but Maggie! I said we're done! Don't fucking touch me!" He yelled at her face. I felt relieved that he stood up for him this way but there were people around us watching the whole scene before we even realized it.

"Come on Odette let's go." He turned to me and we begun to walk away. "Its all because of her isn't it?" Maggie yelled making us stop walking. "Tell me Shawn! You broke up with me because of that slut?" She yelled making my heart stop for a moment. A tear trailed down my left cheek and Shawn noticed.

"Take that fucking thing back!" Shawn turned to Maggie and yelled louder than ever. "So what now Shawn? She made you hate me? Your little bitch made you fucking hate me?" She yelled again. "You're such a bitch!" Shawn yelled looking mad enough so a vain was noticeable across his neck. "Shawn please let it go." I tried to pull him back since people were watching. "Stay out of this whore!" Maggie pushed me back making Shawn even more furious so he pushed her away from me with all his madness.

"Hey! Keep your hands to yourself!" A guy run up to us. I'm pretty sure I've seen him before. He's Harvey, isn't he?

He came up to us and kept Maggie close to him and away from Shawn. "Dude just stay out of this." Shawn told him. "There's no way I'm letting you sit here and humiliate her in front of everyone!" Harvey yelled. "I'm standing up for my girlfriend Harvey." Shawn said sounding proud of himself making my heart melt. A smile appeared on my face as I looked at him. The smile faded away when I saw Maggie's furious eyes on me.

"Your what?" She yelled before Harvey held back so she couldn't touch us. "My girlfriend." Shawn stated again and then slightly smiled at me. "She made you break up with me right?" Maggie yelled again. "You made me break up with you Maggie." He simply said.

"Yeah right! This bitch got in the middle! Its all her fault! If it wasn't her-" Shawn stopped Maggie from yelling. "Shut the fuck up! You seriously disgust me. Stay away from me and Odette." Shawn yelled. "Dude stop yelling at her!" Harvey yelled at Shawn. "Harvey just leave! I don't wanna fight with you at the moment." Shawn remained calm towards Harvey. "You two stay away from Odette and me." Shawn warned them again.

"We're not done yet Mendes." Maggie said before Shawn took my hand and walked to his car.

I spent the whole ride to Shawn's house quietly crying trying not to get noticed by Shawn and processing what happened before. And it all happened because of me.

Shawn parked outside of his house and led both of us in. Camila was already there and she was quick to ask us why we were late. "I'll explain later Camila." Shawn said and walked towards his bedroom having me following him.

I walked over the window and just looked outside trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Say something. Why are you so quiet?" Shawn approached me and hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry, I caused all of these." I said. "Odette don't be stupid. Its not your fault, its just that Maggie is jealous." He kissed my jawline once. "She's jealous of how beautiful you are." He kissed my bare shoulder this time. "Jealous of how I hold you." He held me tighter in his arms making me smile. "And how I touch you." He run his hand from my shoulder to my waist sending chills all over my body. "And how I kiss you." He touched my lips with his and locked them together perfectly, as if they were made to kiss each other.

"You always know what to say." I said minutes after breaking the kiss. "And you always know how to make me feel safe." I added. "And you always know how to make me happy." He said and our smiles got twice as wide as before.

_____________________
Hello lovelies

Here's an early update as I promised!

Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote and comment for more

💕 TILL NEXT TIME💕